FindLaw is the leading provider of business development solutions for law firms and home to the largest online destination for people with legal needs (www.findlaw.com). Our integrated marketing solutions help law firms grow their practice through strategic marketing approaches that drive results. The growth and success of our business is the direct result of our diverse teams of talent that are creative, dynamic and just plain knowledgeable. We recruit and retain the best professionals from across the country that can bring an array of expertise to the table, including legal experts, tech pundits, marketing gurus, data geeks and digital strategists.
Your Impact on the Business
The primary responsibilities of the Content Marketer are to create content that conforms to the preferred style guide and best practices for the individual medium (inc. online, marketing copy, informational/journalistic content, blog posts, other social media, etc.). The Content Marketer is part of a collaborative team that works directly with attorney clients nationwide.
- Deliver content creation plan for client initiatives, some examples including logical navigational architecture, social promotion, and content migration and management.
- Consult client stakeholders and internal partners to understand client business goals, brand differentiators, target audiences, and tone and voice.
- Research and write content that complies with internal best practices, industry standards and corporate policies.
- Edit or revise content based on internal or external feedback.
- Accountable for meeting established deliverables and quality expectations.
- Works in multiple processes or on multiple projects at a time.
- Write compelling content consistent with the customers practice area and geographic location.
- Understand and uses performance measures to refine and improve writing performance.
- Work as part of a team, completing varied work assignments and collaborating with others as required.
- Regularly communicate and share knowledge, including lateral and upward communication of work status.
- Understand and creatively implement holistic client marketing strategy in regards to content mediums.
- Maintain proficiency in company business systems including writing and tracking software.
- Participate in team and cross-functional initiatives related to the improvement of product, process and writing best practices.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Juris Doctor (JD) preferred
- English, communications, journalism or related background is preferred
- Relevant writing samples are required for consideration
- 1-2 years minimum professional content writing experience
- Internet writing experience in legal, marketing, social media or journalism field is preferred
- Client-facing experience is preferred
- Working knowledge of emerging trends and developments in given field
- Working knowledge of:
- Legal concepts and terminology
- AP style / standard rules for grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Digital Marketing and Search Engine Optimization strategies
- Strong online and legal research skills
- Excellent English writing skills with demonstrated ability to successfully write for the desired media (online, marketing copy, informational/journalistic content, blog posts, other social media, etc.)
- Strong ability to prioritize and handle multiple and/or conflicting projects and priorities
- Strong communication techniques
- Ability to work effectively with customers and proven customer service skills (troubleshooting, creative problem solving, solutions focused, customer centric)
- Strong relationship building and collaboration
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Works well in a team environment, embraces change and is highly adaptable
- Deadline driven and is able to achieve output and metric goals
- Accurately forecast and meet deliver expectations for all projects
- Craft creative writing solutions for attorney clients from different geographies, backgrounds and legal practices
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top