Content Enrichment Specialist
The principle objective of this role is to develop and implement Boolean search strings that underlie the Thomson Reuters Regulatory Intelligence platform's search filters, which is a metadata framework that enables subscribers to find relevant financial services regulatory content and news and analysis in a database containing tens of millions of documents.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops fluency in proprietary taxonomy, its application to regulatory content, and its commercial application
- Develops fluency in Boolean search language
- Creates and implements highly accurate/effective queries
- Establishes solid understanding of relevant production processes and requirements
- Resolves routine problems and suggests process improvements
- Validates and develops the taxonomy
- Ensures the accurate and consistent application of the taxonomy across all regulatory content
- Reviews/audits output and resolves issues
- Monitors financial services regulatory trends and developments
- Attends and participate in team meetings
- Prioritizes and manages deadlines for assigned work, possibly with supervision
- Completes required training
- May help train support staff
- Participates in product enhancement or process improvement projects
- Supports team goals by meeting deadline and working within parameters set by supervisor
- Works independently and continues to seek training and learn new skills
- May participate in decision-making and prioritization for production schedules and processes
- May collaborate with other parts of the organization / in cross-functional meetings
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- J.D. or LL.M. from an American Bar Association accredited law school
- Knowledge of Boolean search language
- Excellent legal and web-based research skills
- Knowledge of / interest in financial services regulation and compliance
- Excellent attention to detail and a high standard of literacy
- Excellent written and verbal English with the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts
- Ability to prioritize and stay focused while dealing with multiple assignments and tasks
- Good judgment and logical thought process
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills on an individualized level and within the context of a team environment
- Responsible and mature approach to work
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Team spirit / orientation
- Computer literacy
- Experience of web-based research
- Ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge to increasingly complex and changing work
Has a customer focus and an understanding of the customer experience
Utilizes content and data expertise to support products, tools and functionality
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top