Content Editor with Arabic
ABOUT THE TEAM
Content Editors is the team of 5 people in our Gdynia office who are a part of a global team of around 40 colleagues spread across different countries globally. On daily basis they all deal with providing summaries of formal documents published by external regulators.
WHY IS THIS JOB IMPORTANT?
The Content Editors are responsible for daily updates and maintenance of relevant information in Thomson Reuters Regulatory Intelligence databases. These databases contain reference material from around the world that our clients use to ensure they remain compliant in the ever-changing regulatory environment.
SOME OF DAILY TASKS YOU WILL PERFORM:
- Writing summaries of official documents provided by regulators in English language
- Translating information from Arabic into English, to prepare the final summary
- Monitoring external sources e.g. websites, to select relevant notifications that should be summarized for our clients
- Reconstructing machine translated text into comprehensible English if necessary
- Ensuring quality, accuracy and consistency of content through quality control checks
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
- Excellent knowledge of two languages; English and Arabic
- Excellent attention to details to hold a high standard of literacy
- Good translation and linguistic skills
- Good organisational skills to keep deadlines
- Computer literacy
YOU WILL BE EVEN MORE COMPETITIVE IF:
- You have understanding of content management systems
- You have experience of web-based research
- You know additional language: Norwegian, Finnish, Japanese, Greek, Hungarian, Hebrew or Georgian
WHAT WILL YOU RECEIVE?
- Casual and diverse office environment where colleagues come from over 30 countries
- Ability (or even a need) to practice English skills daily
- Range of development opportunities through traditional trainings, on-site and international projects
- Two additional days off for voluntary jobs
- Access to Thomson Reuters products with real-time economic data
- Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare, pension plan, Multisport card and more
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top