Responsible for daily updates and maintenance of relevant material in product databases; assists in the creation, preparation and delivery of assigned content and information in all publication media.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitors a variety of different external sources and captures relevant content
- Proactively acquires source material from multiple websites (governmental and others)
- Edits and updates content in response to regulatory or legislative changes
- Proficiently executes duties related to creating and/or acquisition of information such as analyzing, proofreading, editing and writing
- Translates/summarizes financial services regulatory information originally in Spanish/Portuguese to English, proofreads and corrects translations/summaries written by other editors
- Develops and enforces editorial quality standards
- Researches regulatory content from Latin/Ibero America and Caribbean jurisdictions to enhance content offering and scopes requirements
- Proficiently performs duties related to the preparation of and final delivery of information such as converting, coding, merging, rendering, keying, loading and validation of information (as applicable)
- Creates and/or maintains process or product specific documentation, including maintaining/updating lists of source materials
- Amends, researches, analyzes, and may write historical notes and cautions for source material
- Develops subject matter knowledge of financial services regulation
- Provides escalated support in workflow processes
- Troubleshoots issues related to the conversion of new or existing information for established workflows or product development enhancements
- Incorporates and responds to input from content experts on functionality, presentation and formatting of content
- Proficiently works on various systems, software, databases, and applications to deliver quality products
- Maintains the integrity and completeness of work product and product databases for editorial and source materials
- Identifies and resolves problems and initiates escalation of more complex issues to other groups
- Possesses proficient knowledge of production process to resolve routine problems and suggest process improvements
- Participates in product enhancement or process improvement projects
- May participate in decision-making and prioritization for production schedules and processes, and collaborates with other organizations on all aspects of project production
- Prioritizes and manages deadlines for assigned work, possibly with supervision
- Responsible for routine troubleshooting system and/or data problems.
- Researches specific content issues as required
- Participates in cross-functional meetings for collaboration as required
- Provides training to less experienced team members
- Supports team goals by meeting deadline and working within parameters set by supervisor
- Works independently and continues to seek training and learn new skills
- Provides training and coaching for more junior staff and new hires
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Fluent in Spanish
- Excellent attention to detail and a high standard of literacy
- Excellent written and verbal English, Spanish and / or Portuguese and communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts and strong translation skills
- Demonstrated skill proficiency with mark-up
- Ability to prioritize and stay focused while dealing with multiple assignments and tasks.
- Good judgment and logical thought process
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills on an individualized level and within the context of a team environment
- Responsible and mature approach to work
- Good organizational skills
- An interest in the regulation of financial services
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Team spirit / orientation
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of HTML/XHTML
- Understanding of content management
- Experience of web-based research
- Strong learning agility. Able to learn quickly and apply knowledge to increasingly complex and changing work
- Has a customer focus and an understanding of the customer experience
- Utilizes content and data expertise to support products, tools and functionality
Education: BA/BS degree
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top