Content Developer/ Data Engineer
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A NEW COLLEAGUE:
YOU AND YOUR TEAM
The successful candidate will join the team responsible for the analysis, definition, design, construction, testing, installation, maintenance and modification of properly engineered information systems, containing software as the major component, to meet agreed business needs.
WHY IS THIS JOB IMPORTANT?
The successful candidate will focus on development of the ONESOURCE Indirect Tax software and associated data collection and automation applications, working with various development and technical teams and liaising with customer support and implementation teams.
SOME OF DAILY TASKS YOU WILL PERFORM:
- Takin part in day-to-day activities that facilitate and automate the delivery of high quality Indirect Tax content, managing the deployment of script and tool upgrades, enhancements, and fixes to agreed deadlines
- Coordinating with the research team to ensure that delivery and target dates are met for each project
- Evaluating existing content creation and testing processes and drive innovation by providing recommendations for automation
- Developing requirements and attain tax research team sign off for large projects
- Learning and developing technical skills required to work effective with python, SQL and geodatabases
- Clearly documenting all projects/tools/scripts developed
- Contributing to the testing of tax content changes for quality assurance
- Developing training materials for non-technical resources to use;
- Provide support and input to tax research management and teams
- Understanding functional and non-functional requirements from tax research stakeholders to facilitate the effective and efficient delivery of top quality content
- Reviewing research team and customer feedback and requests. Assessing feasibility, effort, client specific customization vs. productized and road mapped feature
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
- Degree in a computer science or equivalent work experience
- A record of successful delivery of software projects as an individual and/or team leader on time and on budget
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a technical role
- Ability to automate processes using Python, SQL, and REST services a plus
- Strong understanding of database concepts (data types, queries, filters, table design)
- Good people and communication skills to explain project goals and inspire support for them
YOU WILL BE EVEN MORE COMPETITIVE IF:
- Experience in Indirect tax, ERP and/or GIS is a distinct advantage
- Exposure to and understanding of geospatial concepts and spatial analysis techniques a plus
- Casual and diverse office environment
- Competitive salary
- Flexibility and home-office opportunities
- Two additional days off for voluntary jobs
- Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare, pension, Multisport card and more
- High standards of ethics in the workplace
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top