Consultant / Senior Consultant, Professional Services
Thomson Reuters' ONESOURCE suite of products helps multinational corporations comply with ever-changing tax, accounting, legal and regulatory requirements across the globe.
Reporting to the Manager, Professional Services, this role will require the successful candidate to collaborate with colleagues in the UK and elsewhere in Europe to implement Thomson Reuters' products for companies. This role is client-facing, requiring a good working knowledge of tax and accounting and experience of working on indirect tax technology implementations, plus an understanding of ERP requirements. Fluency in English is required and other European languages, particularly German, would be a bonus.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Work on ONESOURCE Indirect Tax Compliance professional services engagements, ensuring quality implementations through the phases of project initiation, design, build, test, user training, deployment and post go-live support, as necessary.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Liaise internally with product, content and sales teams as required, as well as with external implementation partners.
- Assist with scoping projects and drafting work estimates and statements of work (SOWs) for review by manager.
- Adhere to operational requirements, standards and best practices for delivery of professional services. Contribute to ongoing improvements and efficiencies across the project management phases, drawing from personal experience, market trends and emerging technologies to deliver an enhanced customer experience.
Technical /Professional Skills & Competencies:
- Knowledge of international indirect tax requirements and regulations.
- Proven experience in enterprise software implementations, project life cycles and software implementation methodologies, particularly those focused on indirect tax. A working knowledge of ERP systems, particularly SAP, is also required.
- Strong team working and ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues
- Effectively communicate project status and progress to all relevant team members, customers and other stakeholders.
- Fluency in English is required and other European languages, particularly German, would be beneficial.
- Experience of implementing ONESOURCE Indirect Tax Compliance or a similar product.
- ERP experience, particularly SAP experience (ABAP, FICO, SD & MM).
- Knowledge or experience of other tax and accounting technology implementation, for example, statutory reporting or global trade would be a bonus.
- Candidate must be educated to degree level or equivalent.
- A recognised qualification in tax or accounting e.g. ACA, ACCA, CTA etc
- Project management (e.g. PMP, PRINCE2) desirable, but not essential
- Job in an international, dynamic environment
- Intensive training package
- Well-being scheme including private healthcare and Multisport card
- Company social incentives
- High standards of ethics in the workplace
- Networking opportunities
- Two additional days off for voluntary activities
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Lisa B.Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top