Consultant – Global Business Consulting
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Position: Consultant – Global Business Consulting
The Global Business Consulting ("GBC") team provides industry leading pre-sales and post-sales support to Investment Banking, Asset Management, and Sell-Side Research clients. GBC work across the numerous Thomson Reuters financial applications, including Eikon Desktop, Eikon for Microsoft Office, and Datastream. The team helps Thomson Reuters provide a decisive competitive advantage in the marketplace.
Combining a strong understanding of finance and technology, the role focuses on consultative interactions with our clients to solve complex issues, optimize and integrate workflow using Thomson Reuters financial applications, create value and trust, build specialist knowledge, and maximize growth opportunities.
We are seeking several Consultants to join the GBC team at the Senior Consultant/Consultant/Associate Consultant level.
- Provide a high quality, consistent, end-to-end customer experience (both pre & post sales) in the use and interpretation of our products and data; this includes product demonstrations and client training conducted both on-site and remotely (phone & WebEx)
- Construction of desktop workspaces and detailed Excel models that support client research and analysis activities
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of satisfaction with clients and working to establish positive rapport
- When not visiting clients, the consultant is expected to prioritize the remote support channels. This involves vigilantly supporting the 4 remote channels:
- Consultancy phone-line
- Resolving queries from clients via chat/email/contact us
- Review sales opportunities with Account Managers and assigned salespeople
- Liaise with and maintain consistent dialogue with Account and Sales teams to ensure a co-ordinated approach to value-added support services, with a particular emphasis on global investment banks and investment management firms
- Provide customer feedback to management team
- Consolidate customer feedback on data and products to Business and Product owners to influence product evolution toward best meeting client needs
- Working with the technical teams to test and validate product installations
- Moderate travel may be required
- Occasional Weekend Coverage may also be required (compensated with in-lieu days)
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience in Investment Banking (M&A, ECM or DCM), Investment Management, or Equity Research
- Excellent Excel modelling and data manipulation skills, gained from work within the financial services industry
- Strong face to face presentation, written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with performance measurement
- Expertise in one or more of the following platforms would be welcome: Eikon, Datastream, ThomsonOne, Deals Business Intelligence, VBA, Dealogic, CapIQ, Factset, SNL Financial, Bloomberg
- Humility, honesty, integrity and flexibility
- Strong work ethic and ability to work collaboratively with a team of approximately 20 colleagues
- Desire to share knowledge and skills with team-mates
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of Thomson Reuters products and services
- Experience working in a global matrix environment
Educational Qualifications & Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant subject (Business or Finance)
- Preference for post-graduate qualifications (Finance or related area including study towards MBA, CFA, ACCA, CIMA, CAIA)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, colour, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top