The objective of the Global Business Consulting Group ("GBC) is to build an industry leading Excel and Microsoft Office applications support group which provides Thomson Reuters with a decisive competitive advantage in the marketplace. The primary responsibilities are to focus on providing premium level consulting services using workflow productivity tools for Capital Market & Advisory clients. (moved from Responsibilities)
Combining a thorough understanding of finance and technology and an expertise in Thomson Reuters product offerings, the role will focus on complex interactions with our clients in customising Eikon desktop views and building and modifying financial models in Excel using TR databases.
Globally, GBC provides 24/7 premium level pre- and post-sales consultative support to AIM (Advisory & Investment Management) clients across several TR Excel Add-in products (including Thomson Reuters Eikon for Microsoft Office and DataStream) and Thomson Reuters Desktop Product (Thomson One & Thomson Reuters Eikon).
- Provide a high quality, consistent, end-to-end customer experience in the use and interpretation of our products and data; this includes product demonstrations and client training conducted both on-site and remotely
- Construction of detailed spreadsheets and Excel models that support client research and analysis activities
- Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction, focusing on quality and expertise.
- Consistently upgrade your knowledge base and product expertise in order to constantly improve overall client experience for demos, trainings and support
- Review sales opportunities with account managers and assigned salespeople
- Liaise with and maintain consistent dialogue with Account and Sales teams to ensure a co-ordinated approach to value-added support services, with a particular emphasis on global investment banks and investment management firms
- Consolidate customer feedback on data and products to Business and Product owners to influence product evolution toward best meeting client needs
- Working with the technical teams to test and validate product installations
- Responsible for answering client queries via phone queue and shared email inbox, particularly during times of high volumes/scarce resources
- Coordinate with the other Consultants and internal teams to maintain a global structure during roll-outs.
- Moderate travel may be required
- Occasional Weekend Coverage also required in additional to regular business hours (compensated by in-lieu holidays)
- Each Consultant covers a specific shift, but may be required to rotate with other Consultants at times. Queue support methods Consultants cover include phone, e-mail, and chat.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Educational Qualifications & Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant subject (Business or Finance)
- Completion of CFA Charter preferred/Sitting for the exam is strong encouraged
- Preference for post-graduate qualifications (Finance or related area including study towards MBA, CFA, ACCA, CIMA, CAIA)
- MBA, Finance preferred
- Expert excel modelling skills
- Portfolio management or banking experience using TR and/or competitor products or other relevant work experience
Work Experience & Skills
- 4 years Investment Banking or Investment Management Industry knowledge; specific experience in portfolio management, equity research or investment banking.
- Exceptional excel modelling and data skills, gained from work within the financial services industry
- Excellent face to face presentation, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well within and influence team
- Strong customer relationship and consultative focus for both internal and external customers
- Familiarity with performance measurement
- Team player with the ability to drive business process improvement and reduce costs
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top