Computer Operation Monitoring
Thomson Reuters Transactions Technology 1st level Operations team is a global team located in multiple locations. The Global Team consists of four individual teams that monitor and manage the delivery of Thomson Reuters' industry leading Foreign Exchange Trading system. The Team provides 24/7 365-day operational support. Controllers do 12 hours shifts from 7:30 to 7:30 (and from 8:30 to 8:30 local time during DST) local time with a two hour break.
The Controller's work schedule consists of 2 week rotations of 4 days each week, including every other weekend on.
- Controllers manage and monitor the operation of electronic computer equipment, which includes performing troubleshooting actions when necessary.
- Detect errors and takes action according to documented procedures.
- Document activity and reports potential problems according to established procedures.
- Ensure production schedules are consistently and accurately maintained.
- May function as senior controller if one is not present.
- May provide work direction for other controllers when a senior controller is not present.
- Contributes to the reduction in volume of incidents and proactive problem management.
- Cooperates in coordinated activities between different external groups where required in order to ensure full support and information is provided.
- Applies technical policies and standards to the systems supported.
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical skills, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive.
- Experience with system administration of various operating systems such as Windows, Linux and Solaris.
- Understanding of Networking (TCP/IP, Routing, Switching, Load Balancers)
- Competent in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience working with Monitoring Agents like IBM Tivoli or Nagios
- Experience working with Veritas Clusters
- Experience working with HP Servers and HP iLo.
- Knowledge of ITIL Process.
- Knowledge of FX Trading, Dealing and Matching Infrastructure.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top