This position provides legal interpretation in the form of analysis, writing, and research, to support the acquisition and/or production of compliance information, data, and products. This position also provides analysis and writing to produce latest update information concerning legislation and regulations.
Responsibilities include research and analysis of designated content streams to support content creation and preparation, monitoring of trends and developments within assigned topical areas, and troubleshooting of content and production issues.
- Legal Research, Writing & Analysis
- Analyzes statutes and regulations and writes plain-English synopsis summarizing compliance requirements
- Analyzes legislation and regulations and writes synopsis of recent changes
- Reviews and edits legal information created by other employees
- Identifies key legal issues in editorial materials
- Editorial Responsibility
- Adheres to editorial publishing schedules and quality standards
- Verifies own work as required for accuracy, completeness, and quality and ensures that the information is properly presented and organized
- Maintains and develops legal knowledge and skills training as required to complete work and stay current on legal trends and developments related to the employee's editorial responsibilities
- Individual and Leadership Development
- Participates in the employee evaluation process (both wider feedback and self-evaluation)
- Learns and grows from on-the job experiences, other staff members, courses, and self-study
- Scope and Impact
- Prioritizes own work, and participates in prioritization of team or workgroup's workload as required
- Assists in identifying business issues and proactively proposes solutions and implements as directed
- Begins to demonstrate the ability to work more independently
- Decisions impact team work deliverables and are largely guided by guidelines, policies, and production schedules
- Interprets customer needs, assesses requirements and proactively identifies and implements solutions within guidelines
- Technical /Professional Skills & Competencies
- Strong legal research, writing, and analytical skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to interpret, analyze, select, organize, and communicate complex legal material
- Demonstrates proficiency on company specific systems necessary to perform job functions and in navigation and on-line research tools
- Ability to prioritize tasks/projects
- Works collaboratively across teams and assists others to accomplish objectives as required
- Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with all contacts, both in and outside Thomson Reuters
- Relationships: External/Internal
- Effectively works within team to accomplish objectives as required
- Begins to develop and maintain relationships with content providers and stakeholders as required, escalating issues as appropriate
- Certifications/ Education
- Law degree from an accredited law school
- May require professional legal qualification and/or accreditation
- Maintain law license with the required CLE (if licensed)
- Professional Experience
- Begin to demonstrate proficiency in legal editing with Thomson Reuters systems and processes
- Begin to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of Thomson Reuters publications and products related to employees' responsibilities, and some knowledge of competitors
- Behavioral Competencies
- Driving results
- Collaborating across boundaries
- Focusing on customers
- Championing innovation
- Seeking opportunities to learn, grow, and act as a role model
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Back to top