Communications Business Partner, Business Communications.
Thomson Reuters seeks a Communications Business Partner for its Financial & Risk (F&R) business. Part of the company's Communications function, the role will be located in London, New York, or Hong Kong. This position will report to the Lead Communications Business Partner for F&R.
The Communications Business Partner will support line executives in F&R business in developing and managing all communications programs for those businesses – including those for external, internal, industry and other stakeholder groups globally, regionally and domestically – as well as support cross-business group initiatives.
Working closely with the Lead Communications Business Partner for F&R and counterparts in other Thomson Reuters business units and corporate functions, the Communications Business Partner will ensure that F&R communications are aligned with Thomson Reuters overall messaging in ways that advance the strategic priorities for both individual business units and enterprise-wide initiatives.
Business Partner and Strategic Planning
- Develop communications strategies, programs and plans in partnership with the BU comms Ops practice areas and F&R Marketing to accelerate awareness, understanding, belief and actions by employees that reflect both the F&R business and Thomson Reuters corporate priorities.
- Advise and support senior leadership for internal and external communications programs and initiatives; provide consulting, implementation and overall communications support to business partners.
- Represent the interests of customers and F&R leaders with corporate and business counterparts.
- Coordinate F&R business communications with Corporate, Chief Customer Officer, go-to-market and proposition marketing teams to avoid duplication and inconsistent messaging.
- Understand the Thomson Reuters story and embed it within the themes of the F&R business's communications.
- Ensure that all key messages internally and externally are coordinated and communicated consistently and appropriately throughout the year; refine as necessary based on stakeholder feedback.
- Partner with the Business Communications Planning and Operations (BCPO) team to implement and oversee appropriate channels for internal and external communications to deliver messages efficiently and seamlessly; coordinate planning and execution with F&R Marketing teams for consistency and to maximize impact.
- Drive the execution and coordination across all internal and external channels, including social media, events, digital communications, award submissions and others.
- Partner as needed with counterparts in Corporate Communications, Enterprise Messaging and other C&BM teams to develop internal communication strategies that enhance employee engagement and understanding of the Thomson Reuters story.
- Partner with the BCPO team to help create and manage overall communications planning processes and serve as a key interface for aligning enterprise storylines, messages and communications across channels.
- Build and maintain a cohesive and efficiently operating partnership with the BCPO team.
- Clearly define communications requirements so that the BCPO team can develop common communication projects in support of key business strategies, from identifying initial business objectives and creating strategic plans to directing development of relevant editorial content that promotes key business unit themes and drives behavioral change.
Measurement and Monitoring
- Partner with the BCPO to define and develop meaningful metrics to demonstrate impact of coms to the Thomson Reuters Excom.
- Manage all budgets responsibly and work with the team to meet all budget challenges.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Bachelor degree or commensurate experience required; advanced degree preferred
- Extensive experience in internal and external communications
- Strategic thinker who understands commercial business priorities and builds successful internal and external communications programs that achieve them.
- Knowledge of F&R and adjacent industries or willingness to develop deep expertise regarding the F&R business's customers, issues and opportunities.
- Strong analytic and collaboration skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to present to and influence leadership team and other stakeholders
- Sound judgment and ability to deal with highly sensitive and confidential issues
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top