Commercial Strategy Manager (Maternity cover - FTC until November 2018)
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Business Unit: F&R Commercial Group
The Commercial Group (CG) owns and manages, in partnership with Enterprise Business Operations, the commercial framework and operating model for the Financial & Risk business. This includes the Alchemy Framework for Desktops, Unified feeds, Promotions and Redistribution.
The Commercial Event review process, managed by the Commercial Strategy (CS) team within CG, aims to better align price with value, provide a platform for future growth, create a more secure and stable revenue base, and simplify the way we do business via the Propositions we take to market across Financial and Risk.
The Commercial Strategy team is responsible for ensuring alignment of all propositions under the Alchemy Framework where appropriate and owns a number of processes to ensure this, including Product Launch, Promotions and Price Increase Strategy setting.
Position Title: Commercial Strategy Manager (Maternity cover - FTC until November 2018)
Location: GBR-London-30 South Colonnade
Requisition No: JREQ088996
The Commercial Strategy Manager is the key interface with Financial and Risk Customer Proposition teams for CG and supports the F&R business by:
- Providing guidance on framing optimal 'go-to-market' strategies
- Ensuring propositions are clearly differentiated, avoiding confusion and potential cannibalization of other Thomson Reuters Propositions
- Establishing the appropriate commercial approach (e.g. packaging methodology, pricing & discount model, usage rights etc) including support of the Alchemy Framework, TRMA and Genesis
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
For a launch following the full PLLM process, engagement with Commercial Strategy is required from Initiate to Launch stages. The Commercial Strategy Manager leads the Commercial work-stream of product launch and supports the Customer Proposition teams with all commercial decisions and activities, ensuring appropriate engagement with internal stakeholders.
The Commercial Strategy Manager is responsible for supporting the wider Commercial Group in producing the annual price increase strategy for the sectors supported. This may include spreadsheet management, presentation support, feedback gathering and collating, and decision support.
The Commercial Strategy Manager will also be responsible for:
- Updating and improving the Commercial review and Promotions processes within the Alchemy Framework.
- Maintaining and improving Financial & Risk commercial policies to reflect changes in the F&R commercial framework.
- Supporting price information published on the Commercial Strategy Policy and Pricing website.
- Representing the Commercial Framework and the interests of the Customer Proposition teams when contributing to F&R-wide projects and initiatives.
The Commercial work-stream of the PLLM process requires the Commercial Strategy Manager to work with a wide range of stakeholder groups. These include: Integrations Management, PLLM, Legal, Customer Admin, Indirect Tax, Compliance, Finance, Rights Management, GTM and Partners.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Good commercial and operational understanding, including a good grasp of business value drivers
- Proven ability to think deeply and quantitatively about business problems, providing well balanced assessment and solutions
- Good understanding of the global financial markets
- Professional approach with sufficient credibility and experience to gain the respect of internal stakeholders, able to build trust, credibility and effective working relationships with a range of people at all levels of the organization, often in virtual teams spread across multiple time zones.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Comfortable presenting and escalating key issues and requests to senior stakeholders.
- A self starter with the ability to balance competing priorities and manage time-sensitive projects
- Service-oriented with the ability to provide fast, accurate support to our internal and external customers.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Finance qualifications would be an advantage
- Existing knowledge of Thomson Reuters Commercial Policies, products, usage rights and both GTM and CA processes would be a distinct advantage.
- College Degree plus extensive relevant experience
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top