Commercial Director - APAC
Thomson Reuters is the world's leading source of intelligent information for business and professionals. Thomson Reuters combines industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial, media, tax, accounting and science markets. Thomson Reuters is powered by one of the world's largest news organizations. Thomson Reuters is listed on the NYSE.
Thomson Reuters is seeking a sales management expert to drive the Reuters.com advertising sales in the APAC region. This role will be based in Singapore. The Director, APAC Ad Sales and content solutions will be charged with leading a sales team to deliver against commercial budgets, maximize client and agency relationships, grow our customer-facing capability, and drive best-in-class performance. The primary goal is to ensure that Reuter's digital properties are positioned ahead of the competition with existing offerings and go-to-market solutions.
- Critical role in managing all aspects of advertising sales and management, as well as successful delivery of all media campaigns for Reuters online and mobile properties.
- Interface with all internal constituents in Product, Audience & Analytics, Editorial and Development teams to drive successful programs for our clients.
- Manage a team of 10-12 staff comprised of ad sales managers, account executives, sales planners and 3rd party reps
- Partner with global sales teams to coordinate efforts on multi-national accounts
- Liaise frequently with the Ad Operations team to most effectively maximize inventory/revenue and assure campaign fulfillment and satisfaction Represent Reuters.com at industry functions
- Provide accurate and detailed reporting for management and work closely with finance to forecast revenue
- Keep informed of current digital trends and be proactive in recommending opportunities for Reuters
Skills and Experience Required
- 8-10 years experience in digital media
- 5 years people management experience
- Must have working in-depth knowledge of ad serving platforms, Salesforce and digital industry trends
- Business/Finance/News experience preferred - Commercial and strategic thought leadership
- Customer-focused, with excellent written and verbal communication, networking and negotiation skills
- Ability to think and act globally - Extremely detail-oriented and well-organized - Proven track record of leading and motivating teams
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and analytical
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a high-paced environment and under tight deadlines
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top