Collections Team Member
Contacts customers with low level of complexity and small account balances to secure payments and maximize receivable recoveries while providing "best in class" customer service with routine supervision.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages individual portfolio queue to acceptable department requirements.
- Contacts customers to secure payment and resolve billing disputes in a manner that is fair and equitable and maximizes receivable recoveries as well as providing professional and attentive services that preserves the ongoing relationship with each customer.
- Works to preserve the ongoing relationship with the customer while ascertaining the nature and reason behind the payment concerns or disputes and finding equitable payment solutions according to departmental processes and guidelines.
- Escalates problems or concerns to supervisor in order to secure approval for any non-routine concerns/solutions
- Conducts routine research of account history (usage, payment history, subscriptions, and subscription contracts) and check all available computer systems to determine the appropriate action necessary for successfully handling customer problems and inquiries.
- Analyzes individual situations and make decisions based upon established departmental guidelines with daily/routine supervision.
- Technical school degree required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required. English language skills are required.
- Advanced English written and oral skills are required (test will be done before setting up an interview)
- Ability to deal with difficult customer (internal & external) situations with a professional and resourceful manner for resolution.
- Cultural sensitivity a must.
- Basic understanding of collections processes and regional practices
- Strong PC skills, particularly Excel and Word
- Strong learning aptitude and agility
- Requires good negotiation skills within prescribed guideline.
- Highly motivated, task oriented and able to work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top