ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• R eview individual portfolio detail and collections actionsOversee aging performance and take corrective actions that drive cash recovery and improve aging
• Handles escalated calls/accounts from internal and external customers.
• Drive lead and motivate staff to maximize individual cash recoveries through daily discussions.
• Daily monitoring of staff calls
• Develop team to handle larger more complex customer segments
• Assist with the hiring process
• Further develop knowledge, skills and abilities through leadership
• Daily auditing of A/R portfolio to ensure achieve monthly/quarterly/yearly departmental goals.
• Reviews and approves suspend and lapse requests from staff(maintain process in Eagan until stable)
• Review and approve cancellation and write-off requests from staff (maintain process in Eagan until stable)
• Interacts with internal and external customers daily.
• Bachelor degree or 5-6 years of experience OR Bachelor's Degree with 2-4 years of experience required
• Degree preference in Finance, accounting, business or economics.
• Supervisory experience required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Advanced English language skills are required.
• Excellent ability to deal with difficult customer (internal & external) situations with a professional and resourceful manner for resolution.
• Cultural sensitivity a must.
• Excellent understanding of collections processes and regional practices
• Strong PC skills, particularly Excel and Word
• Strong learning aptitude and agility
• Requires strong negotiation skills within prescribed guideline.
• Highly motivated, task oriented and able to work independently in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Deep knowledge of various Thomson Reuters businesses and products/services.
• Proven ability to build teams team and manage people effectively
• Deep knowledge of collections practices and ability to effectively teach, develop and train team on a broad variety of topics.
• Proven skills managing portfolio with results that support
• Considered an expert in collections process
• Strong negotiation skills relating to customer payments. Strong communications skills to relate invoicing, products and billing charges to customers.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Lagunilla de Heredia-Costa Rica
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top