Cloud Security Architect
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Position Title: Cloud Security Architect
Business Unit: TR Technology and Operations
Product or Service: ISRM
Location: London - 30 South Colonnade OR Nottingham
Thomson Reuter's Information Security & Risk Management (ISRM) team is looking for a strategic, innovative change agent to drive security design principles and requirements into cloud architecture. In this role, you will collaborate with technology peers and dedicated business unit cloud architects to implement security into disparate solutions. This role will be responsible for baking security policy, best practices and guidance across our cloud estate.
The ideal candidate will possess the right demeanor, skillset and experience to understand and explain strategic security issues to audiences of mixed technical abilities. A passion and solid understanding of cloud technologies, open-source, and developing the latest technologies in a dynamic agile environment. Able to deal with innovative ideas and solutions, while remaining grounded in solid security practices.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Collaborate with technologists and architects across the company to make technical security recommendations for cloud native development
- Embed and maintain security policy, best practice and guidelines into cloud specific documentation
- Ensure consistency with cloud architecture guiding principles across the AWS, Azure and GCP infrastructures
- Drive automation and auditing for security controls
- Develop and mentor peers within the security organisation
- Be a thought leader and influencer in the emerging cloud architecture best practices which includes continuous delivery, security, infrastructure as code, automation, immutable infrastructure and service discovery
- Create execution strategies that focus on embedding security controls into existing design and build practices to allow proactive rather than reactive focus
- Lead and participate in across line of business working groups and committees to review and approve proposed architecture
- Define differentiated cyber controls for complex environments across the company, whilst adhering to a centralised methodology
- Manage applicable standards and procedure translating security requirements into easily understandable and achievable goals
- Maintain a deep understanding of core security disciplines, with close attention to developing industry trends
- Collaborate with business and technology peers to understand business goals, use of application development processes and related tools
- Assessing secure development approaches, requirements, and evaluating existing solutions and providing strategic direction towards enhancements
- ISRM peers
- Cloud Center of Excellence Architects
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experienced leader who demonstrates results in matrix organization
- Extensive software development experience with relevant cloud experience
- Experience building software and infrastructure following cloud native methodologies
- Experience of Security Design Reviews or Architecture Risk Analysis across a diverse range of businesses
- Experience with developing & supporting security strategy, architecture, and standards
- Solid understanding of security enabling technologies across the development lifecycle
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to document design patterns in a coherent manor for peers to follow
- Proven ability to understand others approaches to solving problems, and guide them into a secure thought pattern
- BS/BA degree in computer science with a strong academic record with preferential consideration to Masters degree in Computer Science
- CISSP or equivalent preferred
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top