This position will provide technical leadership as Thomson Reuters accelerates its adoption of Public Cloud services. The successful candidate will combine deep technical knowledge with business acumen and work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that Thomson Reuters achieves the full business benefits of the move to Public Cloud. The position requires a strong background architecting and developing applications in a Public Cloud that adopt cloud-native design principles. In addition to extensive software development expertise, the candidate must have extensive knowledge of architecting solutions across the full stack. The position also requires an ability to communicate effectively with senior level stakeholders in the business and bring strong strategic leadership to these interactions.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
Leadership & Communication (30%)
- Effectively lead teams of Architects and Engineers building cloud services.
- Ability to collaborate with teams across the business to set standards and best practices.
- Understand the importance of communicating risk assessments.
- Ability to contribute to, influence, or direct a variety of projects concurrently.
- Provide technical governance of projects to ensure adherence with standards.
- Provide technical recommendations to senior management.
- Ability to mentor Architects and engineering staff.
- Establish a strategic vision for the Public Cloud.
- Provide support for creating centers of excellence for cloud services.
- Ability to make formal and informal technical presentations.
- Ability to lead and take command of meetings.
- Experienced in working with vendors.
- Deep technical understanding of cloud-native architecture and engineering best practices
- Extensive software development experience utilizing Agile and DevOps methodologies
- Extensive experience working with AWS and/or Azure
- Understanding of security best practices for the cloud
- Knowledge of a wide array of Infrastructure and Platform technologies including distributed data stores, container management and serverless architectures.
- Infrastructure automation and continuous delivery solutions.
- Automation Tools supporting provisioning, run book automation, and life cycle management.
- Design/define processes to best utilize people and tools to solve problems.
- Experienced at evaluating the impact a given solution will have on application and infrastructure environments.
Financial Responsibility (10%)
- Partner with business stakeholders to establish budgets.
- Provide financial analysis for technology decisions.
- Devise strategies and architectures to optimize consumption of cloud resources.
- Work with engineering teams and other architects to make cost effective infrastructure choices for business units.
- Participate with contract discussions that involve technical decisions.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top