The Client Specialist is a client-facing role which supports clients using Thomson Reuters services that increase the efficiency and effectiveness of institutional investors by adding unique insight and intelligence to market data. Through a combination of market knowledge, product knowledge and client-management skills, the Client Specialist partners with Sales teams to solve specific client needs and works directly with customers to enable their use of Thomson Reuters data. You will work in a fast-paced environment at the forefront of the latest developments in market data and technology and collaborate closely with Thomson Reuters Sales, Account Management, Content, Product Management, Development, and other business units to deliver unparalleled service to our clients. As a Client Specialist in this role, you will be focused on our Investment Banking and Asset Management customers.
- Analyze own clients' current usage of Thomson Reuters products and suggest "best practices."
- Act as primary conduit for bringing client feedback and enhancement/data requests to the segment
- Understand and be aware of your client's day-to-day requirements and the tools that they use
- Identify and qualify sales leads and opportunities; work with sales specialists to build upon existing opportunities within their customer base
- Build and maintain strong relationships with influential site contacts at assigned client organizations to ensure customer satisfaction. Anticipate client needs and ensure best possible use of Thomson Reuters products.
- Leverage knowledge of clients' use of products, future service needs, and competitive situations in work with Account Management teams to protect and ultimately grow revenue.
- Consolidate customer feedback on data and products to Business and Product owners to influence product evolution toward best meeting client needs.
- Collaborate with other Thomson Reuters departments to ensure joined-up service experience.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong service skills as demonstrated by ability to anticipate and meet customer needs.
- Excellent listening and negotiation skills and ability to create and develop relationships.
- Motivated self-learner who keeps abreast of market developments, content and technology.
- Ability to prioritize and deliver quality results in a time-sensitive environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- One to two years sales experience
- Self-starter, independent professional.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
Education / Certifications Required:
Degree in Finance or related field. Preference would be given to CFA attainment or pursuit. Knowledge of Financial Markets is a plus, especially within Commodities and Energy space.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top