Client Service Specialist
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Thomson Reuters Electronic Trading (ET) is a comprehensive Foreign Exchange and Money Markets trading solution used internationally by a wide range of investment banking clients.
The Client Service team primarily provides expert technical and functional support for the application and its infrastructure, liaising with investment banks' business & technical staff and working with developers, product managers and internal business owners to provide an exceptional level of service to all internal and external customers.
- Provide first and second line technical and functional support for a mature, complex FX/MM electronic trading application;
- Troubleshoot problems across a wide range of technical skills including Unix, SQL, XML , FIX and Java;
- Use acquired business knowledge to advise on implementation of investment banks' business processes;
- Provide basic project management for new implementations;
- Communicate professionally with investment banks' IT and business staff;
- Research problems thoroughly, test solutions and make recommendations to customers.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Understand client/server applications;
- Have a basic understanding of Unix and SQL;
- Display the lateral thinking required to solve complex technical problems;
- Be able to write clear, professional and timely responses to customer questions;
- Have a positive, helpful approach to serving customers and assisting colleagues.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Strong Unix command line skills;
- Good SQL skills (can make complex queries - DBA skills not required);
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP networks and HTTP(S);
- Have the ability to read and interpret source code and write simple programs in an object-oriented language;
- A firm grasp of IT security issues;
- Experience of writing Java applications.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top