Client Service Specialist
Thomson Reuters is a truly unique business. We are a global enterprise and leading provider of news, information services and technology. Here, your work matters and has the potential to change the world. Every day, Thomson Reuters news, information, technology, and expertise help make great things happen.
We are proud to have been recognized globally as a leading employer based on our commitment to diversity, focus on company culture, work life balance and acts to promote socio-economic progress worldwide through the Thomson Reuters foundation.
About the Role
Reuters Electronic Trading is a comprehensive Foreign Exchange and Money Markets trading solution used internationally by a wide range of investment banking clients.
The Client Service team primarily provides expert technical and functional support for the application and its infrastructure, liaising with investment banks' business & technical staff and working with developers, product managers and internal business owners to provide an exceptional level of service to all internal and external customers.
Provide first and second line technical and functional support for a mature, complex FX/MM electronic trading application.
- Troubleshoot problems using a wide range of technical skills including Unix, SQL, XML and Java.
- Use acquired business knowledge to advise on implementation of investment banks' business processes.
- Provide basic project management for new implementations.
- Communicate professionally with investment banks' IT and business staff
- Research problems thoroughly, test solutions and make recommendations to customers.
- Educated to degree level, preferably in a technical subject (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Physical Sciences).
- Understand client/server applications.
- Have a basic understanding of Unix and SQL.
- Have the ability to read and interpret source code and write simple. programs in an object-oriented language.
- Display the lateral thinking required to solve complex technical problems.
- Be able to write clear, professional and timely responses to customer. questions.
- Have a positive, helpful approach to serving customers and assisting colleagues.
- Strong Unix command line skills
- Good SQL skills (can make complex queries - DBA skills not required)
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP networks and HTTP(S)
- A firm grasp of IT security issues
- Experience of writing Java applications
As an employer we strive to provide every employee with a positive working environment, continued professional development, a commitment to work-life balance, and equal opportunities. As a diverse, global leader, we actively encourage career advancement through internal promotions and segment opportunities.
If you are a talented professional, passionate about what you do, and want to work in a company that can support your growth, we want to hear from you.
If you would like to find out more about Thomson Reuters please visit our careers site, https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/careers.html
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top