Client Service Manager - CPL Specialist
Client Service Manager – CPL Specialist
Location: Carrollton, TX
What is the primary purpose of this role? How does it contribute to the achievement of overall business objectives?
- This position is responsible for retaining existing clients for our CPL business in order to achieve client and revenue retention targets. They will also be responsible for special retention projects that come up on an ad hoc basis.
- What are the primary responsibilities and accountabilities of this role?
- Meets and exceeds targets of increasing customer retention for our CPL business via telephone based account management along with any special projects assigned by management.
- Reviews existing customer accounts, assessing needs, addressing concerns, presenting new products / services in an effort to secure the renewal.
- Provides high quality service and customer support to assigned accounts as defined by management.
- Communicates and coordinates retention activities with other groups as appropriate.
- Maintains a working knowledge of company products, special sales programs and marketing efforts.
- Maintains knowledge of internal business systems to efficiently gather and research customer information, provide accurate pricing and discount information.
- Accountable for meeting and maintaining established campaign and/or program .
- Accurately reports retention activities on all required reports as requested by management in a timely fashion.
- Participates in product and skills training programs as necessary.
SCOPE & IMPACT
- Describe financial responsibilities (e.g. budget, revenue, OI, gross sales etc). What is the business impact and geographic scope of role? Detail people management responsibilities? (include typical team size).
- Individual contributor focused on renewing CPL subscriptions along with any special projects assigned by management
TECHNICAL / PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- What are the critical skills that a successful incumbent would possess: e.g. fluent in German, expert at unbiased writing, expert decision maker, working knowledge of risk management, basic awareness of investment banking, expert at mitigating conflict.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including ability to interact professionally with internal and external customers.
- Strong computer (email) , business system application navigation, and phone skills.
- Professional attitude and strong service orientation.
- Ability to overcome objections.
- Highly motivated with the ability to meet scheduled deadlines in a fast-paced, service-driven environment.
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated business acumen of the business expansive customer base, products, systems and processes end-to-end.
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and time management skills.
RELATIONSHIPS: INTERNAL / EXTERNAL
- What are the important relationships that strongly influence success? How critical is the customer relationship?
- Partners and collaborates with others within Customer Management, Sales, Marketing and other business units supporting customers.
- Key external relationships are with existing clients; may also interact with prospective clients.
CERTIFICATIONS / EDUCATION
- Describe any licenses, certifications or educational experiences that are either required or helpful in performing the role. Designate when required.
- University/college degree may be required, equivalent experience may be considered depending on position/department.
- Highlight the 3 or 4 key experiences that a successful incumbent would typically possess?
- Experience working in a customer service or inside account management environment with heavy phone work.
- What are the critical competencies that a successful incumbent would possess?
- Focusing on Customers
- Driving Results
- Collaborating across Boundaries
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top