Client Representative, LMLF - DC
Client Representative – Large & Midsize Law Firm Sales
The role of the Client Representative is to increase revenue, usage and customer preference for Thomson West products, especially Westlaw. The Client Representative will provide support to Client Managers and Product Specialists by teaming on new and ancillary sales, special offers and up-selling opportunities.
Key Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Demonstrates strong customer relationship skills by cultivating, maintaining, and engaging customers on Thomson Reuters and Westlaw products in order to promote usage and revenue growth objectives; makes customers and their interests a primary focus of one's actions.
- Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods necessary for Large & Midsize Law firms in order to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea from prospects and clients. Partners with field sales/product specialists to meet territory goals.
- Desires and acquires knowledge within a specialized practice area in order to effectively understand the overall needs of the customer
- Exhibits a positive service aptitude, and can identify opportunities within accounts; understands competitor products and builds effective relationships and product solutions to build preference for Thomson Reuters products
- Relishes ongoing, self-initiated learning; assimilates new information quickly, welcomes feedback and applies knowledge to practical use on the job.
- Provides product training and demonstrations for existing and/or potential customers through customer visits, online training and/or trade shows.
- Works with Client Managers, Sales Executives and Regional Management in achieving regional and divisional goals
- Builds strong relationships within accounts to help identify opportunities for up-selling and new products sales.
- Assist in developing, marketing, and conducting training classes at customer locations
- Assist in other marketing efforts, including trade shows, topical seminars, and new product releases
- Partners with Education Training Managers, Marketing, Sales Executives and Legal Technology Specialists in order to create successful communication, education and training on Westlaw products.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- J.D. degree required
- Strong communication, presentation and Westlaw legal research skills
- Customer service orientation and experience
- Sales experience and aptitude a plus
- Proficient in MS Office/internet
- Legal practice experience preferred
- Ability to travel occasionally to sales training, meetings and to customer locations
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top