Client Representative, Government - Chicago
The role of the Client Representative is to increase revenue, usage and customer preference for Thomson Reuters products, especially Westlaw. The Client Representative will provide support to Client Managers and Sales Specialists by teaming on new and ancillary sales, special offers and up-selling opportunities.
Candidate must reside in territory.
Key Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Demonstrates strong customer relationship skills by cultivating, maintaining, and engaging customers on West and Westlaw products in order to promote usage and revenue growth objectives; makes customers and their interests a primary focus of one's actions.
- Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods necessary for government customers in order to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea from prospects and clients. Partners with CMs, field sales/product specialists to meet territory goals.
- Desires and acquires knowledge within a specialized practice area in order to effectively understand the overall needs of the customer.
- Exhibits a positive service aptitude, and can identify opportunities within accounts; understands competitor products and builds effective relationships and product solutions to build preference for West products.
- Relishes ongoing, self-initiated learning; assimilates new information quickly, welcomes feedback and applies knowledge to practical use on the job.
- Provides product training and demonstrations for existing and/or potential customers through customer visits, online training and/or trade shows.
- Works with Account Managers, Sales Consultant and Product Specialists in achieving regional and divisional goals.
- Builds strong relationships within accounts to help identify opportunities for up-selling and new products sales.
- Assist in developing, marketing, and conducting training classes at customer locations and at West training centers.
- Assist in other marketing efforts, including trade shows, topical seminars, and new product releases.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- 4 year college degree or equivalent experience.
- J.D. degree and Legal practice experience strongly preferred
- Sales experience and/or aptitude strongly preferred
- Strong communication, presentation and Westlaw legal research skills.
- Customer service orientation and experience.
- Proficient in MS Office/internet.
- Ability to travel to sales training, meetings and to customer locations with 25% or more overnight travel.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top