Client Manager, LMLF
The Large Law Client Manager is responsible for increasing Westlaw revenue, usage and market share in assigned law firm accounts by utilizing skills related to legal research, training, sales and marketing. The Large Law Client Manager leverages his/her expert consultative approach and opportunity analysis to meet customer needs. This is accomplished through an in depth understanding of Thomson Reuters products and strong relationship building skills.
- Large Law Firm Sales and Account Management
- Key Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Effectively meets customer needs and builds productive customer relationships; takes responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty; is focused on the big picture and business perspective when making decisions and taking action. Demonstrates professional qualities and demeanor that commands attention and respect from Large law firms.
- Possesses strong ability to create sales approaches and solutions; ability to provide customers with high-impact training to exceed their needs; tries different and novel ways to deal with customer challenges and opportunities; while working with an internal team, takes courses of action or develops client solutions that appropriately consider available facts, constraints, competitive circumstances, and probable consequences.
- Builds credibility by working as a strong team player and through powerful formal presentations. Uses appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interacts with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions. Large Client Managers may interact with account executives, Sales Exectuives / sales management, and/or products experts.
- Demonstrates strong negotiation skills by effectively exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Exhibits a deep knowledge of products such as Westlaw including content add-ons, the legal profession and the legal publishing industry; Relishes ongoing, self-initiated learning, assimilates new information quickly, welcomes feedback and applies knowledge to practical use on the job.
- Attains assigned revenue account goals
- Establishes solid, long-term customer relationships and cultivates new business opportunities by diagnosing needs, presenting solutions and addressing customer concerns
- Provides high quality account management and customer support services to assigned accounts
- Develops, presents and implements special offers in non-Account Executive accounts
- Partners closely with Sales Executives in identifying the sales opportunity for each firm
- Supports renewal process in assigned accounts
- Educates customers on the benefits of Westlaw over competitors and trains customers on the use of Westlaw
- Coordinates training efforts with Client Representatives
- Coordinates local marketing efforts within assigned accounts
- Keeps up to date on competitive activities in accounts and communicates information to divisional/regional management
- Assists other market segments as needed
- Identify opportunities to leverage technology products aimed at increasing revenue and providing solutions
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- J.D. Degree required
- Legal practice experience preferred
- Strong communication, presentation and Westlaw legal research skills
- Customer service orientation and experience
- Field Account Management and sales/ marketing experience strongly preferred
- Proficient in MS Office/Internet
- Previous legal research training preferred
- Ability to travel occasionally to training sessions, meetings and to customer locations
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
New York-New York-United States of America
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top