Client Liaison Manager
Client Liaison Manager
Thomson Reuters (TR) is building a Service that will ensure that the global financial community can clearly identify who its corporate customers are, in order to fulfill regulations designed to combat financial crime. This is a very rare opportunity to join a business which is being built specifically to fulfill a known requirement of the regulated community, with whom we are already engaged, ensuring the Service conforms to their needs. Additionally Thomson Reuters has the capabilities; the assets and the funding that should enable it to be first to market.
We are establishing a brand new business that will meet the needs of its clients and service users. This is a business that:
- Delivers service with integrity and in a collaborative way so as to build trust at all levels of engagement
- Is customer obsessed
- Aspires to gain the respect of clients and peers, and in turn attract the best talent
- Conducts business in a pro-active, conscientious, transparent and professional manner
- Is committed to deliver excellent service
- Always looks to empower others and nurture an environment of learning
- Continually challenges itself to do things, better, faster and in a way that does not reduce quality, whilst generating profits for the firm.
The new leadership roles are integral to ensuring that the new organization flourishes. The roles are designed to:
- Lead and encourage excellent performance from colleagues
- Embed a client focused and commercially sound operating model.
To work in conjunction with the Head of Client Experience to:
- Manage specific client relationships (key communications and interactions)
- Ensure relevant SLAs and other targets are being met
- Control risks associated with volume throughput (to the "end to end" process)
- Provide support and guidance for regional Team Leads where required
- Build and maintain a robust client service framework
- Assist in the development of AML/KYC knowledge across the teams
To engage with clients, colleagues and team members to:
- Act as a single point of contact and escalation for the client
- Work closely with the appointed advisor / team lead to manage the day to day client relationship
- Challenge/resolve any outstanding issues around e.g. due diligence, outstanding documentation, volume forecasts
- Assist / support the team with the resolution of client queries
- Participate and lead client review meetings
- Lead and drive process and procedure improvements to enrich the client experience
- Communicate policy and technology changes to our clients
- Manage SLA and client expectations
- Champion for the client experience framework
(Activities and tasks)
Work alongside the regional Team Leads (for appointed region either directly or across the matrix) to:
- Coaches team members to improve their knowledge or develop their skills
- Provides team and individual support on a day to day basis
- Develop an AML proficient client facing team
- Point of escalation for unresolved / challenging issues
- Drive adoption of client experience tools
Works closely with colleagues from Service Delivery and Operations teams to better understand or escalate (with potential solutions) any outstanding client-related issues for resolution.
Manages specific client relationships in conjunction with Org.ID colleagues and engages regularly with client stakeholders:
- Works with the team to develop solutions and recommends relevant activity
- Resolves outstanding issues quickly and provides or recommends fit for purpose solutions that meet client needs
- Monitors activity and ensures relevant SLAs and other targets are being met
- Regular engagement with GTM
Provides a point of escalation as well as support and resolution for the team and for the client:
- Assists the team/TL with more difficult and complex client interactions
- Supports global colleagues on e.g. Policy escalations
- Makes recommendations to the Head of Client Experience
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
(Knowledge, experience, skills and competencies)
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate evidence of the following:
- KYC client due diligence operational experience (SME/ Manager level) and a good understanding of KYC, AML and due diligence operating models
- Experience of working with Compliance, Financial Crime or AML teams
- Solid track record of:
oBuilding a team, including managing performance and coaching
oBuilding and maintaining productive relationships (internal and external)
oAnalyzing issues and delivering "fit for purpose" solutions
oStriving for results and delivery
oChallenging and supporting colleagues to deliver against time critical requirements
- Excellent client services skills and experience of managing client relationships directly
- Fluent English required; another language would be preferable
- Well-developed communication skills
- Understanding of working effectively and delivering across different cultures
It is useful if candidates are able to demonstrate evidence of the following:
- Managed Service experience
- Client account management
- Willingness to travel, sometimes at short notice (10%)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top