Client Advisory Strategy, Audit & Assurance
As the Client Advisory & Strategy – Audit & Assurance, your primary role is to act as a client advocate within the Enterprise market space (U.S. based accounting firms with 30 employees) and liaise between the client and business to ensure a positive experience from the sales process, through implementation, and across full ramp-up by the firm.
In this role you will support new sales efforts and initiatives by working with the Enterprise Account Executives, Marketing and Product Management across the Thomson Reuters Tax & Accounting business (TRTA) to gain knowledge and understanding of identified client's Audit & Accounting processes and procedures to help drive innovation and efficiency within firm's audit processes by using TRTA's integrated suite of audit solutions. You will also help coordinate and oversee internal resources across TRTA to ensure clients implementation and overall experience are exceeded based on client's expectations.
- Act as a consultant to Enterprise Firms (focus on Top 200) to help drive innovation and efficiencies utilizing TRTA A&A Solutions.
- Maintain and develop executive-level client relationships in order to effectively collaborate with the TRTA Sales functions on sales, renewal activities, and ongoing value delivery.
- Collaborate with marketing, sales, development and product management across TRTA to develop and ensure cohesive and consistent delivery of a unified TRTA A&A message and story
- Collaborate with sales, product management, training functions, and product development across TRTA to serve as an advocate for customers that have purchased TRTA audit solutions, and ensure that customers' implementation and roll-out processes meet or exceed expectations.
- Coordinate collection and prioritization of feedback as well as the Company's response; escalates issues with potential impact to the broader client base to influence operations, product management, and product development services.
- Shares responsibility with both renewal & cross-sell sales results by actively participating in account planning and execution, including sales prospecting, opportunity qualification and close.
- Lead efforts to produce a Client Value Report for the assigned portfolio of enterprise customers; analyze report content to identify specific business insights; prepare and delivery Client Value Report in a formal executive level presentation on a quarterly basis.
- Collaborate with Strategic Relationship Manager to leverage relationships with associations/affiliations/consultants to deliver unified TRTA A&A message to the marketplace.
- Promotes TRTA products and services at every opportunity.
- Recommend creative and innovative strategies to keep sales teams engaged
- Leverage existing Customer Advisory Boards and, where needed, create communities of influential Enterprise A&A firms and actively seeks their feedback
- Communicate influentially with key stakeholders.
- Builds productive relationships with existing and new influential A&A firms and keeps them engaged through sound relationship management.
- Seek out new opportunities to grow TRTA A&A exposure.
- Recognize new opportunities to communicate on key topics and products.
- Develop and publish influential communications and presentations in support of business development.
- Liaise with colleagues across the business e.g. marketing, to create targeted campaigns to raise awareness or educate on specific A&A topics.
- Regularly coordinates and collaborates with the Product Management function on market developments, customer feedback, and profession trends. Keep the Product Managers abreast of key relationships and strategic developments within the market to help ensure strategic priorities for our product lines are part of the Product Management domain.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- The ability to deal with a wide range of customers - from end users to senior level customer contacts
- Excellent written, presentation and communication skills
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Strategic thinker with a great success of collaboration across organizations
- A strong track record of:
- Organized delivery (with decisive and well-supported outcomes) against complex client and varying business demands
- Thriving in complex, sometimes ambiguous and fast-paced environments
- Success in customer-facing roles
- Providing training and coaching
- Diffusing escalated customer situations
- Strong and sophisticated relationship building and client account management skills:
- Understands client needs and quickly translates into solutions
- Maintains the dialogue
- Sets proper expectations with various stakeholders at the firms we do business with
- Well-developed organizational skills with capability to manage self and others
- Applying creativity, innovation and analysis to deliver outcomes and solutions that meet client needs.
- Eagerness to keep knowledge and understanding of market intelligence and current trends.
- CPA with deep audit experience strongly required.
- Entrepreneurial with 10 years tax and accounting industry knowledge required.
- In-depth industry and TRTA product knowledge is a plus (including but not limited to general software and hardware expertise, cloud computing)
- BA/BS is required
- Domestic travel up to 75%. Position based in local office of Thomson Reuters (Ann Arbor, MI or Carrollton, TX)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top