CIRT Analyst - Cyber Defense
The IT Security Operations Center's mission is to preserve the confidentiality, integrity and availability of our assets by identifying operational and security risks; and collaborating with business, functional, and customer stakeholders to develop plans that manage risk to acceptable levels. We are currently seeking a CIRT Analyst to join our Information Security Risk Management (ISRM) team.
Major Areas of Accountability
- Monitor for and investigate suspicious or malicious activity and alerts
- Review Change Management requests for security relevance and impact
- Daily review of system, application logs, and custom monitoring tools
- Malware and Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) analysis and remediation
- Incident Response and Investigations
- Availability for rotating on-call shift (up to 2 - 3 times per year)
- Bachelor's degree preferred or 4+ years of related field experience
- Professional Certifications preferred including SANS GIAC, or CISSP
- Microsoft, Linux, Networking or related certifications a plus.
- 3+ years work experience in Information Technology
- 3+ years experience in information security incident response and operations management
- 3+ years of OS, application, and network security weaknesses, vulnerabilities, and remediation
- Experience researching, analyzing, and resolving complex problems with minimal supervision
- Experience reading and understanding system data, including, but not limited to, security event logs, system logs, and firewall logs
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience managing multiple projects, deadlines, and resources
- Experience working as a member of a geographically diverse team
- Familiarity with scripting languages and data analysis tools
- Computer forensic skills desirable
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1-B, F-1, OPT, etc. status).
Occasional travel may be required (Quarterly meetings/Incident Response) up to 10% of the time.
Eagan, MN OR, Richmond, VA
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we've been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world's most global news services - Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America;Richmond-Virginia-United States of America
Back to top