Chile Commodities Correspondent
Reuters is seeking a talented reporter to join our Santiago newsroom to help break news on the crucial copper beat in Chile, the world's top copper exporter. We want someone with great story ideas, who can quickly build sources and expertise to cover the major multinational companies that have operations in Chile. Santiago is a small, busy bureau, and the successful candidate will be a strong all-round team player who will also relish the opportunity to write across the file, from alerting macroeconomic data and interviewing chief executives and finance ministers, to covering protests, earthquakes and other industries like salmon and wine. With Chile set to elect a new president in 2017, this reporter will also support the team in the political coverage of one of Latin America's most developed economies.
Required skills and experience:
Excellent written English and fluent Spanish
Track record of breaking news and developing sources
At least 2-3 years reporting experience
Knowledge of commodities or companies sectors an advantage
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Delivers timely news and insight in line with principles of accuracy, independence and freedom from bias.
- Writes or packages stories with accuracy and speed and in accordance with our principles and operating standards.
- Gathers information to break news, write or package stories.
- Builds and maintains a set of contacts to break news or to present news in the appropriate form for clients.
- Builds expertise and knowledge to broaden and deepen coverage.
- Embraces the principle of telling stories using the most appropriate media available.
- Understands the news needs of our business and interacts with clients and business stakeholders.
- May be an expert in a particular sector.
- May lead or coach a small team or a team across a region and seeks to get the best of members through empowerment, coaching, mentoring and training.
- May run a network of stringers.
Scope & Impact
- Works as a specialist or generalist within or across locations.
- Focuses on writing, reporting or packaging.
- May operate a single-person bureau.
- May deputise for the bureau chief in some locations.
- May have direct injection rights depending on the location and the size of the team.
- Ability to coach more junior staff and stringers.
Relationships: Internal / External
- Develop and maintain good working relations with editorial staff and management.
- Build and maintain good working relations with external sources.
- Develop and maintain contact with key clients for feedback and news requirements.
Build contacts with business stakeholders.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top