Channel Partnerships Account Manager
Channel Partnerships Account Manager
Reuters- News Agency
Reuters, the news and media division of Thomson Reuters isthe world's largest international multimedia news provider, reaching more thanone billion people every day. Over 2,500 journalists in nearly 200 locationsaround the globe deliver unparalleled international and national news coveragein 16 languages with speed, impartiality and insight to professionals viaThomson Reuters desktops, the world's media organizations and directly toconsumers on Reuters.com. Reuters stays true to the letter and spirit of theThomson Reuters Trust Principles, ensuring independence, integrity and freedomfrom bias.
The Reuters News Agency licenses Reuters' news and servicesto the news industry. Our customers are broadcasters, print and digitalpublishers, corporations and governments. Reuters News Agency provides itsclients with multi-media news solutions to reach their audiences. Our productsinclude video & text feeds, pictures & graphics, packaged content andsyndication services which reach billions ofconsumers around the world.
The Channel Partnership AccountManager is a crucial role in a fast-moving part of the Asian salesorganization. The purpose of the role is to manage the sales and deliver theaccount support requirements for a selection of key Channel Partners and theirend-users, throughout SE and Central Asia.
Thisrole will help shape the landscape for the Channel Partners team, and supportrevenue by building long-term relationships with key accounts, driving globalpartnership strategies throughout Asia, implementing training and sales supportefforts, and ensuring transparent and fair reporting practices.
TheAccount Manager will be measured on Channel Partner revenue growth, year onyear. This will be achieved by providing hands-on assistance to partners'sales teams, collaborating to win new clients, forming pricingstrategies, delivering training on new products, and handling quarterlysales conversations.
- Maintainday to day account support with Agencies, and their end-users, by handlingpricing discussions and inputting contracts in Salesforce; monitoringinvoicing, and collaborating with sales teams to add clients, upsell andretain client portfolios
- Handlethe invoicing consolidation on quarterly payments to agencies, and reconcilerevenue reports for the end-users; ensure that invoicing is prompt andtimely; track down missing invoices and work with partners on missingend-user payments
- Visitthe four agencies, located in Indonesia, Myanmar, Malaysia, Pakistan andlocations in the emerging markets of Central Asia; and in turn, meet withimportant end-users, to provide updates on product development and offertraining to agencies' sales teams
- Progresssales of ReutersConnect by agencies, and promote upsell through increasedpoints usage
- Assistsin creating localized collateral that enables partners to articulate theReuters proposition in market and enables colleagues to better advocate andevangelise the channel partner business
- Workwith matrix leadership and other internal teams to determine cross sell andupsell strategies to increase the value of channel partner relationships
- Alignswith the finance team to understand and make suggestions on revenue reporting
- Worksclosely with the Channel Partner Operations Manager providing them data-drivenanalytical support in their role
- Seeksnew business models and establishes industry best practice, taking learningsand providing suggestions for adaptation for the Channel Partner organization
- Work closely with ChannelPartner team, Direct Sales, Sales Excellence, Business Development, Finance,Product, Editorial
Qualifications and ExperienceRequired
- Universitydegree (Bachelor's)
- Abilityto manage and influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Deepunderstanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Abilityto manage personal book of business, build relationships and delivergrowth
- Deepunderstanding of media content sales across different Asian markets
- Understandingof copyright and content licensing models
- Experienceworking on legal contracts and handling other complex negotiations
- Abilityto travel throughout South East Asia, and Central Asia, as required
- Engagescolleagues across time zones and geographies to successfully network in amatrix environment
- Combinedbackground of post-sale and sales experience
- Abilityto work across diverse cultures, with experience working with Asian Mediacompanies
- Teamplayer who willingly contributes to team and culture building
- Possessesa working knowledge of Salesforce
- Possessesstrong Presentation Skills, and continuously seeks to improve them
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top