Change Management & Communications Lead (Privacy Matters Program) – 12 month FTC
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Position Title: Change Management & Communications Lead (Privacy Matters Program) – 12 month FTC*
- Initial end date: 31st July 2018, may be extended depending on project requirements.
Business Unit: ET&O
Product or Service: Position is associated with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) compliance program.
Thomson Reuters is currently seeking a self-motivated, results-driven Change Management & Communications Lead to support the GDPR program. (The program has until now been run with support from an external consultancy and is now being transitioned back to Thomson Reuters.)
The GDPR projects are large, highly visible and cross-functional in nature and will require collaboration with a variety of business and technology areas and involve multiple global businesses and project teams.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Supporting the smooth transition of the program as external consultancy resource hand over to internal Thomson Reuters resource.
- Define and manage the program communications strategy to ensure that stakeholders across the enterprise understand their responsibilities for ensuring compliance with GDPR regulations.
- Ensuring that communications between the central program, the business unit remediation teams and the privacy office are managed consistently to support delivery of the program.
- Drive the training and awareness strategy to ensure that staff across the organization are adequately prepared for GDPR.
- Is recognized as a Communications expert.
- Leads others to solve complex problems.
- Supporting the Program Director and the wider team in delivery of the program.
- Coach the project teams in preparing communication documents for the project.
- Provide leadership to immediate work team in work product and employee development as well as the broader communications department to ensure consistency and accuracy of message content.
- Effectively communicates highly complex ideas at multiple organizational levels and modifies personal approach and style to reflect changing circumstance. Ensures appropriate sponsorship. Develops and maintains broad knowledge of related functional areas across the business.
- Maintains a solid understanding of Privacy regulation and the industry response to GDPR and incorporates best practices as they emerge.
- Program Director
- Technology partners (including SBU GPDR remediation leads)
- Business Unit Security Officers
- Internal Audit and other governance groups
- Peers across ISRM & Privacy Office
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Significant experience supporting transformational change and design / implementation of target operating models
- Strong experience of communications / awareness delivery strategy
- Significant experience of managing senior stakeholder relationships
- Experience in supporting communications for complex programmes/projects.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Superior oral and written communications skills with ability to build relationships as a trusted advisor with leaders/managers.
- Ability to handle sensitive/confidential information.
- Ability to build network of sources and thrive in a highly matrixed organization.
- Ability to work in a team environment across business areas.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Ability to remain focused, objective, effective and concentrated under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail – ensures accuracy of communications.
- Skilled at planning, project management, time management, communicating, decision-making, presentations and human and organizational relations.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
- CIPR (Internal communications certificate) – desirable but not required.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top