WE ARE LOOKING FOR A NEW COLLEAGUE:
YOU AND YOUR TEAM
The Capacity Consultant sits within the Customer Implementation Managed Service Operations group and is accountable for ensuring the Elektron as a Service infrastructure is sufficiently sized to ensure there are no disruptions to service as a result of demand.
WHY IS THIS JOB IMPORTANT?
Elektron as a Service is a fast growing deployment model for Thomson Reuters enterprise solutions, providing customers with end to end value propositions through the hosting and pro-active monitoring and management of integrated applications, data, infrastructure and connectivity.
The role will be specifically focused around latency monitoring, analysis and reporting, using appropriate tools, as well as building and executing processes and procedures around the latency management process.
SOME OF DAILY TASKS YOU WILL PERFORM:
- Working closely with both internal and 3rd party stakeholders to ensure the collection and availability of appropriate capacity management data,
- Performing ongoing analysis of capacity data with ad-hoc investigation of any anomalies and peaks,
- Building, owning and keeping updated the capacity data based reports,
- Collaborating with development, architecture, market data, deployment teams to understand the future demands and capacity implications,
- Supporting development and maintenance of toolset for data record and analysis.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
- Knowledge and understanding of the financial information technology industry, particularly working with financial market data,
- Demonstrable skills in networking technologies and operating systems (Unix, Linux and Windows),
- Solid understanding of ITIL practices and underlying support of business processes,
- Computer literate with strong MS Office skills especially MS Excel, including custom macros,
- Proactive attitude, strong problem solving skills and conceptual thinker,
- Strong practical skills of statistical analysis,
- Motivated and disciplined self-learner who keeps abreast of technical updates,
- A team player, excellent communication skills & strong time management,
YOU WILL BE EVEN MORE COMPETITIVE IF:
- Experience with Thomson Reuters products and data is highly desirable; working knowledge of TREP and similar enterprise distribution solutions is a particular advantage,
- Working knowledge of Corvil Analysis, Corvil Data Lens would be a plus.
YOU RECEIVE (PROFESSIONAL):
- Casual and diverse office environment where colleagues come from over 30 countries
- Competitive salary
- Flexibility and home-office opportunities
- Two additional days off for voluntary jobs
- Access to Thomson Reuters products with real-time economic data
- Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare, pension, Multisport card and more
- High standards of ethics in the workplace
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top