Camera / Assistant Producer
Reuters, the news andmedia division of Thomson Reuters, is the world's largest independentmultimedia news provider, reaching more than one billion people every day. Over2,500 journalists in nearly 200 locations around the globe deliver unparalleledinternational and national news coverage in 16 languages with speed,impartiality and insight to professionals via Thomson Reuters desktops, theworld's media organizations and directly to consumers on Reuters.com. Reuters stays true to the letter and spirit of the Thomson Reuters TrustPrinciples, ensuring independence, integrity and freedom from bias.
If you believe you canbring something special to this role, we want to hear from you. You may have anon-traditional career path, education or background. If you meet the minimumqualifications for the role, let us know in a cover letter with your application.Reuters depends on diversity of thought and you could be just what we need.
The camera / newsroomassistant will play an important role in the creation of news packages for theReuters TV app in the Beijing bureau, using multimedia skills includingfilming, editing, research, and potentially script writing and on-camerareporting. The role exists to support Reuters TV's Asia production team, basedin Hong Kong.
This role could besuitable for an ambitious journalism / media studies graduate with demonstrabletechnical skills and a passion for news in China. Fluent Mandarin and a strongcommand of English are essential.
Responsibilities of therole:
- Filming Q&A sessions with Reuters journalists, either in the Beijing newsroom or in the field.
- Filming and editing video elements for stories in a timely manner.
- Helping Hong Kong-based producers with research, including reaction to events on Chinese social media.
- Pitching unique and visually compelling news and feature stories centered in and around Beijing.
- Traveling, if and when required, as part of a multimedia team to work on stories outside Beijing.
- The ideal candidate will beconfident and well-spoken enough to occasionally appear on camera as the faceof certain stories.
- Solid news judgment
- Ability to shoot high quality material on a professional standard HD video camera, familiarity with Panasonic P2 cameras preferred
- Competent video editing skills, familiarity with Edius preferred
- Priority given to candidates who can speak and write clearly in English.
As a global business werely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure wecan do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around theworld regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, genderidentity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any otherprotected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proudto be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Comejoin us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top