Business Unit Controller-Korean-F&R
This role sits within our Financial & Risk ("F&R") business. On January 30, 2018, Thomson Reuters announced that it signed a definitive agreement to enter into a strategic partnership with private equity funds managed by Blackstone related to the company's F&R business. As part of the transaction, Thomson Reuters has agreed to sell a 55% majority stake in Financial & Risk and will retain a 45% interest in the business. Thomson Reuters will maintain full ownership of its Legal, Tax & Accounting and the Reuters News businesses. The transaction is expected to close in the second half of the year and is subject to specified regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions. When the transaction closes, the role will be included in the new F&R entity. Further information on this can be found at https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/press-releases/2018/january/thomson-reuters-and-blackstone-announce-strategic-partnership-for-thomson-reuters-financial-and-risk-business.html
- Stewardship and review of accounts of assigned entities for both group and local financial reporting compliance requirements.
- Maintenance of key SOX controls and SOX evidentiary requirements.
- Ensure appropriateness of controls for internal and external compliance.
- Monthly balance sheet and P&L reviews.
- Monitor the month-end close process for assigned entities and ensure that critical financial processes and reconciliation obligations are met.
- Manage the relationship with departments of Global and Regional Tax, Business Finance, External Reporting, Internal Audit, Treasury, Finance Operations, Divisional Business Units, and external statutory auditors and outsourced professional service providers.
- Manage all operational compliance requirements for assigned entities, including:
- Oversight and review of the preparation and delivery of statutory accounts and tax returns by outsourced professional service providers;
- internal tax reporting;
- supporting tax audits, transfer pricing reviews, tax risk assessments, and implementation of tax strategies;
- Working with external statutory auditors to deliver the statutory audit of assigned entities on-time; and
- Ensure all filing and reporting deadlines are met.
- Support company secretarial compliance requirements and work with external corporate secretarial agencies or service providers as and where required.
- Plan for and support all monthly, quarterly and year-end accounting and internal reporting requirements, including tax provisioning and group reporting.
- Take an active role in legal entity (or divisional) restructuring projects and acquisition or divestiture projects for the sub-region and ensure that entities and businesses either conform with or are integrated into Thomson Reuters accounting and finance controls and processes.
- Plan for and deliver all operational requirements of assigned entities within cost budgets.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top