Business Unit Controller
Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
The jobholder will ensure management and control of key accounting components, subsidiary & branch accounting, work with 3rd Party providers for statutory and tax reporting, yearend submissions and other accounting areas. The objective is to ensure compliance with Thomson Reuter's policy, SOX / IFRS and Local Tax & GAAP requirements. The jobholder is expected to interact closely with various groups including but not limited to Business Units, General Accounting organization, Group Finance, Tax, Treasury, Internal Audit and 3rd party providers and to manage the relationship with our local statutory auditors.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITY:
- Taking ownership and accountability of entity financials and ensuring the Statutory audits are signed off timely as per the requirements
- Ensuring monthly /quarterly analysis and qualitative commentary for cost
- Responsible for local statutory and tax compliance either for a Country or a group of Countries, by working closely with outsources service providers.
- Developing team management skill by acting as back up and one point of contact for the respective region
- Liaisioning with auditors on Statutory & SOX audits
- Review of work done by Accounting operations to ensure the accounting is in accordance with IFRS and/or local GAAP requirements
- Review and ensuring completion of tax packs, booking of tax provisions and monitoring tax accounts movements.
- Reviewing Transfer Pricing calculation and ensure the same is in accordance with the agreement/arrangement
- Support Manager by being a key contact by providing guidance & mentoring to other team members
- General Accounting
- Outsourced Providers
- Local Statutory Auditors
- Group Statutory Auditors
- Sox Compliance Auditors
- Tax and other compliance authorities
Chartered Accountant with min 3-4 years of experience.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top