Business Systems Analyst (Trust Tax)
We are looking for a Business Systems Analyst to join our team here in Carrollton, TX.
- Ensures & takes responsibility for the collection, analysis, validation, and documentation of annual Regulatory requirements related to Trust Tax as well Client's business needs including client's requests around these requirements.
- Responsible for changes in the Trust Tax application and related business processes to ensure that business requirements are effectively implemented to ensure minimal impact to clients or processing.
- Read and understand IRS tax regulations and requirements for interpretation to business requirements – specifically as they relate to trust tax and information tax reporting.
- Uses agreed upon business systems analysis processes to provide appropriate user interface design, application functionality and client documentation.
- Participates in short and long term planning sessions with clients and/or stakeholders to improve business processes.
- Assists in defining short and long term needs to determine business priorities.
- Assist in driving the development & improvement of business processes within the technology and business organizations.
- Serves as liaison between development across SBUs for process and business improvement and process and system integration.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Technical / Professional Skills & Competencies
- Must be able to work in a team development environment
- Must be able to work with various levels within the organization as well with clients.
- Must be able to work with remote development teams to communicate business requirements and coordinate or assist with quality assurance testing.
- Will be accountable for timeliness and project results.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Responsible for estimating effort required for own work in addition to agreeing with other team member estimates.
- Must have a working understanding of information systems, business operations, requirements analysis, and integration/design of client solutions.
- Must have working knowledge of tax processing, preferably in the trust tax and information return areas.
- Knowledge of Team Foundation Server helpful.
- High level understanding of the overall Thomson Reuters Development architecture in order to understand the issues and implications of proposed systems and hardware solutions.
Certifications / Education
- Bachelors degree, preferably in accounting
- CPA certification is helpful.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top