Business Support Winter Intern
Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Full time, Paid Internship in our Michigan office:
December 26, 2017 – April 20, 2018
If you like to get paid to figure things out, we will train you to succeed in our rewarding internship program! Our work environment is challenging, supportive, professional, relaxed, fast-paced and inspiring. Our employees are collaborative, have fun and work hard to do the best that we can.
Thomson Reuters was recently named Crain's "Coolest Place to Work" and one of Business Week's "Top 100 Global Brands."
Here, you will be trained on one of our Tax & Accounting preparation applications, and how it works to help customers across the globe.
You will help:
- Answer customer's questions on how to use our software and troubleshoot problems
- Talk with accountants and tax practitioners from all over the globe
- Discuss complex issues with senior members of our staff
- Attend meetings relevant to your product
- Develop industry knowledge and how to operate in a corporate working environment
You will learn:
- Effective communication techniques for the business environment
- How to think on your feet and be a part of a team
- Professionalism and time management
- Basic technical terminology, network environments, operations systems, tax law and more…
- Program starts with 3-4 weeks of comprehensive paid training
- Most interns don't take classes during this time due to the full-time schedule, however online or evening classes could be accommodated
- This internship prepares you for a career in many professions – accounting firms, corporate environments, technology companies or in a variety of departments within Thomson Reuters
- Many of our successful employees started in this program and now work in Product Support, Sales, Product Development, Technology Infrastructure and other areas across the globe
Your specific experience includes:
- Pursuing a college degree with a major or concentration in Professional Business or Technology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of computer navigation functions
- Ability to work 40-60 hours/week with a varied schedule in the Ann Arbor, MI office
- Desire to learn and help others
- Enthusiastic and motivated
Why is Thomson Reuters a great place for me to work?
Each of us brings a unique perspective to our work. That perspective is shaped by where we live, the business we advance, and the decisions we influence. But true impact isn't something any of us achieves alone. It's only possible when ideas connect and talents are shared. Together, the power of our perspectives will move the world. That's why you're being invited to Bring it.
What are Thomson Reuters core values?
Trust: We act with integrity and independence by holding ourselves and each other to be ethical and reliable in all we do.
Partnership: We work together, with each other, with our customers and with industry partners to deliver superior results and experiences.
Innovation: We innovate to serve our customers, drive our growth and win in dynamic business environments.
Performance: We deliver results, excelling at work that positively impacts the world.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top