Business Strategy Analyst
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Thomson Reuters Finance & Risk is looking to add a Business Strategy Analyst to our Financial & Risk Trading Business Management team in New York, NY. You will be responsible for helping set commercials, analyzing product usage, delivering data to drive product definition and proposition strategy. The Business Strategy Analyst will work closely with our Sales & Support team, lead Customer Analytics projects and help create strategy for Senior Leadership. This role is responsible for the collection and analyzing intelligence on usage, market trends, revenues and providing strategic and financial analysis for our successful global product lines in Trading.
- Understanding of Trading Propositions commercial policies
- Analysis of usage data to determine opportunities for growth
- Identify areas for cross-sell of existing product lines into new client segments
- Capture & analyze win/loss commentary for market feedback
- Creation of Strategy Presentations for SLT & ELT review
- Work across a peer group of Product and Proposition Managers to understand the respective roadmaps
- Assist the proposition managers in running the Trading business here at TR by delivering the information and analysis to help make commercial, product development and strategy decisions
- Analyze usage and transactions data across Equities, Fixed Income and Foreign Exchange to identify areas to focus in 2018 and beyond
- Help product teams gauge success in product delivery Utilize technology to identify areas where TR can maximize revenue across the entire proposition portfolio in Trading
- Bachelor's degree required
- Proven ability to quickly learn new business domains
- Exceptional communication, analysis and problem solving skills
- Proficient in eliciting and translating complex business requirements
- Excellent writing skills – ability to thoroughly document results of analysis to effectively represent business requirements
- Ability to facilitate, understand, and contribute to analytical discussions
- Customer focused and dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of the customer
- Enthusiastic – must be high energy, motivated and dedicated to meet the needs of the customer
- 1-3 years relevant experience in financial analysis role with strong analytical skills
- Financial Markets understanding (eg Equities, Fixed Income, Derivatives, Commodities and Energy, FX etc)
- Strong PC Knowledge in databases, spreadsheets, presentations (Microsoft Access, Excel, PowerPoint, PowerBI, etc)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top