Business Relationship Lead
The Litigation and Transactional Practice Solutions organization within Global Legal Technology is transitioning ownership of development and support for selected assets to an offshore technology partners. The Business Relationship Lead is responsible for enabling the Thomson Reuters Legal organization to successfully work with our technology partner to deliver against business needs on the assets in the partner ownership model. This is a multi-faceted position requiring a balance of domain/technical knowledge, communication, and project management skills in delivering high quality software. In addition to providing direction to the technology partner and being a single point of contact and escalation point for asset related questions and issues, this position will be instrumental in working with Technology and Business Unit leaders to establish the necessary service level agreements, processes, and metrics for working in this new model.
- Systems support and development leadership for web-based benchmarking programs, including systems maintenance and development for data capture, ETL, and graphical presentation
- Development and maintenance leadership for the on-premises program that captures data from law firm timekeeping systems
- Assistance with troubleshooting application and implementation issues on multiple product platforms
- Assistance with technical development strategies for future growth on multiple product platforms
- Builds trusted relationships with key partners and stakeholders, becoming an advocate for their needs
- Defines Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and metrics for the partner ownership model, measures and reports on performance, and drives improvement as needed
- Coordinate and ensure that defined change management, communication and governance processes are followed
- Provides oversight for key security, technology and other TR governance issues to ensure compliance with company standards
- Manages dependencies and provides liaison/interface to other technology organizations and teams (e.g., Platforms, Data Center, Publishing Operations, etc.).
- Works closely with partner technical staff and leadership to define requirements and capabilities, manage deliver, and resolve conflicts and escalations
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation and customer engagement skills
- Accomplished at building relationships and effectively communicating across all management and organizational levels
- Bias for action with a strong record of execution/delivery
- Knowledge of Law Firm accounting practices, Time and Billing and Financial Management Systems a plus.
- Experience effectively working with global teams across geographic boundaries and time zones
- Experience working on implementing software and process solutions using Agile methodologies
- Strong project management, influence, conflict resolution, and negotiation skills
- Comfortable working through ambiguity
- Experience working with modern version control systems in a team environment as well as continuous integration and other DevOps tools
- Experience with unit testing
Education and Experience:
- BS or BA degree. Computer Science or a related discipline preferred.
- 5 years of software development experience with either C# and Java
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top