Business Planning and Operations Manager
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
This role is responsible for managing key projects and business activities for the MD, F&R Asia, in support of the business' priorities and strategy. He/she will serve as a critical connection point between the MD, the Asia Mkt Dev & Planning and Operations Head and other key stakeholders, managing project flow and activities, material coordination, follow up around key issues/actions and providing support on market, customer and employee communications from the MD's office.
- Support MD and Asia Leadership team in the achievement of annual business strategy and priorities
- Lead special projects at the direction of the MD, and/or undertake ad-hoc research on areas required by the MD, in line with business priorities
- Support Asia Mkt Dev and Asia Planning and Operations head in leading and driving strategic projects and supporting critical business reviews in region and with Executive leadership team (ELT)
- Collaborate with Communications and Asia MD to deliver key messages for business reporting, Town Halls and various internal and external communications events
- Provide support to the MD for key external speaking engagements and internal project reviews as required
Key focus areas
- Use external and internal information to provide analysis, presentations/speeches, special papers and support to MD on strategic issues for engaging with Asia LT and other parts of business as required
- Provide research and support for MD and Go to Market Leaders in support of strategic market and client engagements
- Support production of ELT Business Review meeting materials and supporting documentation, in collaboration with CFO, leadership team or other presenters as required
- Manage quarterly town halls, support Asia annual operating rhythm/calendar and partner with Mkt Dev & Communications to develop and drive the MD communications operating rhythm
- Initiate interaction and facilitate the execution of cross-divisional or cross-staff projects as required
- Draft messages for MD as required for Sales conferences, other key internal and external events
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Communications or related field required; MBA or Master's degree and/or former consulting experience preferred
- Superior communication skills, written and verbal, as this role will have close interaction with the MD and Leadership Team
- Capable of producing high quality PowerPoint presentations for various audiences
- Strategic thinker with the ability to quickly grasp new concepts and convey their relevance to evolving situations
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to influence the thinking of, or gain acceptance from senior executives
- Ability to drive effective results in cross-functional teams in a matrixed organization
- Superior project management skills and organizational relations
- Positive attitude and high energy level. Ability to work collaboratively and build relationships at all levels within an organization; must project a strong positive impact on others
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top