Business Operations Manager
Legal Managed Services is an exciting new global business line for Thomson Reuters Legal. This is a unique opportunity for a Business Operations Manager to be part of a cutting-edge, dynamic organization created specifically to meet the growing challenges faced by legal and compliance professionals working at the most prominent corporations, law firms and government agencies in the world.
- Manage daily operations of an SBU, function, or region in a manner that supports business
objectives, achieves milestones, and contributes to financial goals
- Support the development and implementation of an operations plan to meet the delivery center's objectives within agreed budgets and timelines
- Manage key relationships with global functions, other operating units, corporate functions, and
- Contribute to the development of an effective business intelligence systems to measure key parameters of operational performance
- Ensure that individual engagements track to their forecasts/projections
- Measure, monitor and report operational health for onshore centers
- Support procurement of infrastructure capacity ahead of anticipated growth.
- Support the management and control of regional expenditure and headcount to agreed budgets
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors' degree required; Master's degree preferred
- Project Management Professional certification highly preferred
- 7 or more years of experience in operations or related with 2+ years of experience managing and developing large delivery centers with P& L responsibilities
- Experience working with global teams
- Foundational experience in product development or product management, sales operations, or
- Relevant experience leading teams.
- Recent experience with large-scale process management and process improvement initiatives.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with meticulous attention to detail and a strong ability to present facts
- A bility to lead and influence others
- Project & Change management, Planning & Budgeting
- Strong knowledge of six sigma and lean quality management methodologies
- Excellent client management skills and proactive communicator
- Skills in implementing compliance management systems like ISO, SOX, SEI CMM will be desirable
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top