Business Operations Analyst - F&R
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Support the growth of the rigorously vetted Messenger network of almost 310,000 professionals by accurately screening new users against a standard set of rules and requirements, aimed at fostering a transparent and open financial community.
- Spot discrepancies and errors in Eikon Messenger registrations and engage with users directly to verify accuracy of information provided, or secure the missing information.
- Work with customer administration and/or customer support to help facilitate provisioning of assets, troubleshoot customer issues on accounts, access or privileges, via thorough review of customer entitlements, or direct follow-up with customers as needed.
- Execute the TR-Managed Chat Room Administration Services offered to top customers by providing chat room organizer tasks based on customer-mandated policies. This crucial support offered by TR helps enforce regulatory controls and compliance on communication tools and helps prevent insider trading and market rigging.
- Generate on-demand chat room admin intelligence based on customer needs.
- Assist in execution of administration changes at the company level such as domain rebrand and company name-changes, both at the end-user and chat rooms administration level, to help sustain Eikon Messenger usage and avoid disruption.
- Work with workstream SME's/Seniors to help in continuous process improvement, streamlining of operations, and reduction of unnecessary tasks.
- Engage with internal teams and resolvers, and interact with support teams such as HelpDesk, Customer Admin, Customer Data Management, Compliance and Product, to help identify, review or escalate, and resolve customer issues, particularly around entitlements and access.
- The role sits at the heart of major Eikon Messenger competitor displacement campaigns, and plays a pivotal role in supporting end-of-life programs, product changes and sunsets, launch of new features, PLI and components, and transition to new administration tools.
- Support key management and marketing initiatives on end-user engagement such as BOTs, in-product notifications, and back-end support for marketing campaigns via data and analysis.
Skills and Qualifications
- University or college degree.
- Proficiency in Excel and other data processing tools.
- Able to navigate through various administrative tools and applications used by the Messenger system.
- Knowledge of back-end administration and support tools (EMAC, Siebel, TRUST, EAS and ELM) not required but is a great advantage.
- Strong multi-tasking skills, ability to execute work based on a standard set of process, and able to rectify errors as soon as spotted.
- Ability to perform based on standard SLA's, manning hours and turnaround time.
- Flexibility in adopting changes to workflow and tools as a result of evolution in the process, market landscape, customer preferences or products.
- Should be a team player, with strong interpersonal and business communication skills.
This role sits within our Financial & Risk ("F&R") business. On January 30, 2018, Thomson Reuters announced that it signed a definitive agreement to enter into a strategic partnership with private equity funds managed by Blackstone related to the company's F&R business. As part of the transaction, Thomson Reuters has agreed to sell a 55% majority stake in Financial & Risk and will retain a 45% interest in the business. Thomson Reuters will maintain full ownership of its Legal, Tax & Accounting and the Reuters News businesses. The transaction is expected to close in the second half of the year and is subject to specified regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions. When the transaction closes, this role will be included in the new F&R entity. Further information on this can be found at https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/press-releases/2018/january/thomson-reuters-and-blackstone-announce-strategic-partnership-for-thomson-reuters-financial-and-risk-business.html
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top