Business Intelligence Developer
YOU AND YOUR TEAM
The BI Marketing & Technology team has responsibility for delivering data driven BI and Marketing technology to support F&R client engagement, marketing automation and the customer experience. The BI developer role in this team will support BI projects to source, analyze, onboard and deliver customer data integration to support Marketing Automation, Operations and front line client engagements.
WHY IS THIS JOB IMPORTANT?
This Team is part of the Customer Operations and Analytics organization. This Financial & Risk function supports Go To Market, Product and Proposition teams with Business Intelligence to inform decision making around investment, prioritization and performance.
SOME OF DAILY TASKS YOU WILL PERFORM:
1.Partner with business focused Business Analysts to understand requirements and design EDW solutions.
2.Solve complex data integration challenges using a combination of Informatica Power Centre, Infromatica Cloud, Hadoop, Oracle PL/SQL tools.
3.Partner with Customer Analytics team to provide datasets that support risk modelling, retention, upsell and cross sell programs.
4.Drive EDW strategy, considering Cloud based and On Prem solutions. Act as a subject matter expert in Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing and Analytics.
5.Participate in BI Competency Centre discussions on future strategies.
6.Work on projects to source data from disparate systems and ingest to EDW or Hadoop to drive PoC work in an Agile environment.
- Casual and diverse office environment where colleagues come from over 30 countries
- Competitive salary
- Flexibility and home-office opportunities
- Two additional days off for voluntary jobs
- Access to Thomson Reuters products with real-time economic data
- Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare, pension (what), Multisport card and more
- High standards of ethics in the workplace
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
- 5 years experience database application design / data modeling (Star Schema / Snowflake).
- 5 years of ETL development (Informatica implementation experience)
- Proven ability to solve for complex data integration challenges.
- Oracle PL/SQL with 3 years relevant experience
- 2 years experience with one of Unix/Python scripting.
- Familiarity with data warehousing concepts and approaches, including slowly-changing dimensions;
- Entity resolution and matching; data modeling approaches including star schema, snowflake and
- normalized; et al.
- Proven ability to learn quickly, engage deeply in new subject areas, and establish credibility with an eye
- toward developing a technical solution for stakeholders.
- Document current state data and business process. Build, manage, and execute sophisticated test cases and testing plans.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to engage virtually with distributed teams
- Ability to work autonomously and without direct supervision
YOU WILL BE EVEN MORE COMPETITIVE IF:
- 3-5 years' experience as a technical role in a data warehousing environment
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies: Hadoop, Python, Eloqua, AWS
- Data profiling
- Business intelligence
- Advanced analytics
- Familiarity with BI, ideally Tableau, Business Objects and Business Objects Universe Designer
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top