Business Information Analyst
Role Purpose: Sales Support Analyst
What is the primary purpose of this role? How does it contribute to the achievement of overall business objectives?
- Proactive monitoring of critical lead-to-order and renewal-to-order activities
- Develop and support best-in-class tools to inform Sales opportunities and to drive overall sales productivity improvements
- Leads the requirements development for applying technology to satisfy business needs.
- Defines and documents internal and external user interfaces and supports system and data requirement clarification and definition
- To develop and produce insights that inform senior Sales leadership on success of Sales performance
What are the primary responsibilities and accountabilities of this role?
- Respond to Sales queries, answer how to questions, log tickets as needed related to SFDC; submit enhancement request to CRM Operations; log all helpdesk queries in case management system
- Respond to queries (e.g. how-to, who-to), provide process documentation (e.g., renewals workflow, govt workflows of Lead-to-Order / Renewal-to-Order processes
- Acting as the liaison among internal stakeholders to analyze, document, communicate and validate business and system requirements for platform applications
- Direct the requirements development for applying technology to satisfy business needs.
- Develop, maintain and perform processes to continuously monitor data quality and integrity in platform applications
- Create training materials and documentation for Salesforce.com users and train new end users on Salesforce.com and related applications.
- Monitor user adoption rates and respond as needed (e.g., additional training sessions, communication, system modifications, etc.)
- Assist in quality assurance and defining testing strategy and risks. Provide significant contributions in the testing and debugging of new software or enhancements to existing software.
- Provide regular sales management reporting and analysis for key business metrics performance against target including new business (pipeline analysis), renewals performance.
- Sales Effectiveness/Productivity Metrics and Monitoring - tracking and reporting on key sales metric performance, e.g.; deal closure, opportunity cycle time, site visits, etc.
- Attend and actively participate in business and pipeline reviews; contributing to the session with reports and insights about business performance
- Respond to periodic requests for ad-hoc Sales reporting requests (e.g. lists); partner with other Sales Operations teams as needed
Technical / Professional Skills & Competencies
What are the critical skills that a successful incumbent would possess: e.g. fluent in German, expert at unbiased writing, expert decision maker, working knowledge of risk management, basic awareness of investment banking, expert at mitigating conflict.
- Must have a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Ability to apply general organizational knowledge of the business and systems processes in problem analysis is required.
- Ability to work independently with users to define concepts, under direction of project managers is required.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts is required.
- Ability to deliver knowledge transfer for end users
- Be customer oriented
- Fluent English language is required and Spanish as well.
Education or experience
Typically requires a bachelor's degree in Business or Information Technology Management or equivalent and 3 to 4 years in Sales Support Operations or CRM positions especially at Salesforce.com system.
Relationships: Internal / External
What are the important relationships that strongly influence success? How critical is the customer relationship?
- Interacts with individuals at all levels within the organization.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top