Business Development Manager – Strategic Alliances
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Business Unit: Tax and Accounting
The Tax & Accounting business of Thomson Reuters is the leading provider of technology and information solutions, as well as integrated tax compliance software and services to accounting, tax and corporate finance professionals in accounting firms, corporations, law firms and government. Headquartered in New York, Tax & Accounting has major operations in Ann Arbor, Dallas, Hyderabad, London, Sydney, and Toronto.
ONESOURCE is designed to provide tax software solutions for multinational corporations and Accounting professionals. ONESOURCE solutions cover a broad range of taxes including Direct Tax Compliance and reporting, Indirect Tax determination and Compliance, Tax Planning and Workflow Management. (www.onesource.thomsonreuters.com/regions/emea)
Position Title: Business Development Manager – Strategic Alliances
Requisition No: JREQ074331
Location: DTC – Docklands, London
We currently have a need for a Business Development Manager dedicated to the needs of the largest professional accounting firms in Europe. The BDM will be responsible for representing the ONESOURCE suite of products. This individual should understand the statutory accounting and tax processes along with client service delivery issues facing these accounting firms. And As a result, be able to provide insight on how to improve and implement processes and technology to resolve these challenges.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
Increase new sales and expand current usage of our core product offerings – ONESOURCE to the largest professional accounting firms.
- Identifying new sales opportunities, expanding the adoption of currently licensed solutions, ensuring pilot project success and leading scoping/solution requirements projects for the ONESOURCE suite of products, all of which will involve collaboration with key client employees and TRTA internal resources.
- The BDM will work closely with others to achieve these goals.
- Being the 'face' of the product at 'Partner' conferences and other events and participation in marketing seminars/webinars
- Participation in putting together proposals
- This role reports into to the Head of the Large Accounting firm channel
- Key relationships will be with customer prospects as part of the sales cycle, with the Solution consulting team and other key internal stakeholders.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Large accounting firm experience required (Manager level or above)
- Experienced in demonstrating and presenting software solutions.
- Ability to navigate and collaborate across departments.
- Customer-facing experience in software/technology, consulting or technology solution delivery.
- Demonstrated success in developing, understanding and communicating value proposition
- Ability to travel 15% or more.
- Relationship development and management with sophisticated buyers.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience in preparing/ reviewing Statutory Accounts, Corporation Tax Returns or Indirect Tax Returns and in using Workflow and deadline tracking technologies
- Experienced in presenting with the personal gravitas to instill confidence in our products.
- The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to develop a deep and detailed knowledge of the product from a users perspective. In addition, they will be conversant with technology such that they will be able to explain key technical areas of the software to prospects.
- ACA, CTA or equivalent accounting or tax qualification
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top