Business Development Manager - Solutions
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to drive sales and develop a market for Contract Express and related products/services to prospective Corporate Legal (and related) Departments. Contract Express is an intelligent document automation system for creating templates and producing documents using your organization's own work. With its intuitive markup, compliance, and relevancy tools, Contract Express ensures your documents are complete and accurate every time, in less time.
This role will focus on selling to corporates and your key priorities will be new business development and building increasing value within the client base to achieve overall revenue targets. You will attain these results by proactively engaging with new white-space clients and by working with our wider sales and leadership team to develop close relationships with prospects and customers to understand their business and provide them with a targeted solution.
Key responsibilities and outcomes
- Meet new sales quota by owning and executing the sales process from lead gen to closed sales in the assigned territory
- Be a domain expert with deep product and services knowledge
- Travel into the territory for face to face meetings as necessary to meet sales quota
- Maintain a pipeline of at least 1x annual quota
- Prospect, sell and build pipeline.
- Marshall internal sales and external cross-functional resources
- Update salesforce daily and regularly and utilize as only CRM tool
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate proactive, new business development experience, together with solution selling and consultative sales experience, including demonstrated experience managing long sales cycles.
Ideally you have experience in the legal industry, however this is not essential. You will require a real passion for sales, a personal drive for success and a strong determination to achieve your objectives.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in professional field sales or business development role
- Ability to manage a sales cycle from start to finish
- Demonstrated track record of success in meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Strong experience in B2B and/or enterprise sales
- Excellent active listening, negotiation, presentation and consultative sales skills
- Customer centric approach
- Commercial acumen and ability to identify opportunities to cross sell solutions
- Ability to partner effectively with the wider sales team
- Team player with a positive approach
- Flexible attitude and capable of hands-on problem solving, with ability to generate new ideas and solutions
- Good organizational and time management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to travel to sales training, meetings and customer locations on occasion. Overnight travel required.
This position will offer you opportunities to be mentored and guided by highly experienced sales professionals and will allow you to build a strong platform for your future career development within Thomson Reuters.
The role will be based in our 333 Collins street Melbourne office, and includes:
- Structured training and ongoing learning and development programs
- Competitive salary and commission
- Supportive work environment and highly collegiate team
- Opportunities for career progression
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top