Business Development Manager, eFX
Thomson Reuters is the world's leading source of intelligent information for business and professionals. Thomson Reuters combines industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial, media, tax, accounting and science markets. Thomson Reuters is powered by one of the world's largest news organizations. Thomson Reuters is listed on the NYSE.
The primary responsibility for this role is in driving revenue growth and transaction community, via the various Thomson Reuters FX trading platforms: Matching, FXall, Electronic Trading (ET), FXT and other TR assets. We currently have opportunities for this role across various ASEAN locations - Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines and Thailand.
- Identify, qualify, negotiate and close contracts with key market makers, as well as new business entities (corporate and price taker institutions) to onboard them as active transactions clients on Matching or FXall.
- Grow overall transactions volume on Spot Matching, Forwards Matching and FXall platforms for an assigned territory to meet and exceed the annual growth target. This will involve regular contact with clients to ensure optimal trading conditions on the platform through management of liquidity sources, credit profiles, user access and post trade arrangements.
- Through a combination of cross-selling new services to existing clients and close collaboration with the New Business sales team to on-board new ones, maintain and grow the number of active FXall trading institutions above a specific quarterly volume threshold.
- Improve our share of clients' transactions business viz-a-viz competitive offerings to contribute to the global Thomson Reuters market share in FX.
- Establish and maintain credibility, respect and levels of customer service that consistently exceed the expectations of the customer. Support thought-leadership initiatives with deep market and industry knowledge.
- Leverage relationships and knowledge of clients' business to promote related Thomson Reuters services, generating sales leads to pass to our other sales.
- Provide clear and timely product and market feedback to sales and proposition management.
Required Skills and Experience
- A deep understanding of the local and regional FX markets and derivatives markets and their workings gained through experience working in the banking, broking or buy-side.
- To be conversant with current industry developments and e-trading issues.
- Existing client relationships within the local FX market plus one or more ASEAN country would be highly desirable.
- The ability to work under considerable time pressure and demonstrate urgency, energy, drive and enthusiasm.
- A strong team player, self-motivated and objective-oriented.
- Very good client-facing skills, the ability to set client expectations and the ability to interact with all levels of the client's organisation.
- Technology-literate particularly in relation to electronic trading.
Education / Certifications
- Bachelor degree qualified or above
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Kuala Lumpur-Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur-Malaysia
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top