Business Development Manager
- The Business Development Manager drives the sales process and provides product expertise and knowledge. This role will support the customer through provision of training and operational support relating to Legal Solutions and Online Databases to drive sales.
- The successful candidate will typically have between 3-4+ years' total industry experience with a proven track record in selling legal solutions.
- Reporting to Sales Director Greater China, drive new business to hit sales targets throughout the year.
- Respond quickly to new leads working with urgency to progress deals through the sales cycle and collaborating with team members across Professional teams.
- Provide support and advice to both existing and trial customers.
- Understand customer requirements / needs and find the best solution within Thomson Reuters Services capability to develop a suitable and strong proposal which can create difference from competitors.
- Be able to forecast effectively and reliably.
- Develop winning market strategies that align with the business strategy
- Effectively plan, coordinate and control your territory.
- Aggressively manage reputation risk
- Culturally aligned to Thomson Reuters Cultures and Values.
- Manage consultant resource in region.
- Keep up to date with news and changes in policy, regulations and activities of major players in the industry to have sufficient domain knowledge to lead discussion with customers and present expertise in public.
- Use CRM system to maintain customer and opportunity data with discipline to enhance customer insight and ensure accurate forecasting.
Skills and Attributes
- Proven track record in achieving sales targets and ability to prospect, develop and close strategic relationships and customer opportunities to achieve sales.
- Capable of selling software solutions and Online Databases.
- Ability to engage with C-level decision makers.
- Strong presentation skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent computer skills.
- A dedicated drive for sales achievement both as an individual and part of a team.
- 3-4+ years of legal, sales or market experience.
Qualification / Education
- Bachelor's degree
- High level of proficiency in using SFDC, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Fluent English and ability to speak additional language is an advantage.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Back to top