Business Application Specialist
- Carrollton, TX
Job Title: Business Application Specialist (Carrollton, TX)
Job Duties: Responsible for implementing and delivering software implementation projects, working closely with other project team members, project managers and partner consulting teams. This includes delivering on projects through major phases including Requirements, Design, Software Configuration, Integrations, Testing and Production Go Live.
1. Project Setup, Installation, Configuration and Implementation of ONESOURCE Global Trade Software including Requirements, Design, Software Configuration, Integrations, Testing and Production Go-Live;
2. Gather business, process, data and integration requirements between ONESOURCE Global Trade and ERP Systems (SAP, ORACLE, and other systems on-premise or in the cloud using web services);
3. Support customers in preparing and performing System Integration Tests (SIT) based on trade operations (Imports, Exports, FTA, FTZ) use cases and testing scenarios and support User Acceptance Tests (UAT);
4. Perform process (Trade, OTC, PTP) and integration technical workshops with clients to define data element and technical integration specifications necessary to integrate the solution;
5. Troubleshoot software and implementation issues, provide workaround and implementation, integration solutions to resolve;
6. Develop customizations at the client for ONESOURCE Global Trade using the languages: Java, PL/SQL, and ABAP and use the integration tools SAP PO and Pentaho Data Integration to integrate data flows to client systems;
7. Take a leading role on project implementation team to conduct technical consultations developing and delivering customizations/configurations;
8. Represent the customer inside the organization communicating issues to the Development and DevOps teams and define priorities and engage in issue resolution;
9. Support professional services teams in ONESOURCE Global Trade implementations and share best practices in GTM Implementation delivering knowledge transfer on GTM products & technologies;
10. Elaborate technical training materials for ONESOURCE Global Trade and provide training to new employees, partners and customers.
Job Requirements: Bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent) in Information Systems or related field plus 3 years' experience in systems analysis or information technology correlated areas. Experience must include:
1) 3 years' experience in global trade management business;
2) 3 years' experience with SAP ERP;
3) 3 years' experience managing a team of technical consultants and developers;
4) 3 years' experience in the development languages Java, PL/SQL (Oracle), ABAP (SAP)
5) 3 years' experience working with systems integration including Pentaho Data Integration (ETL) and SAP Process Orchestration (SAP PO);
6) 3 years' experience providing internal and external trainings;
7) 2 years' experience implementing cloud-based solutions for global trade management or compliance.
8) Must be willing to travel to client sites up to 50% travel time.
(Experience may be gained pre-during-post Bachelor's degree.)
Employer: Thomson Reuters (Tax & Accounting), Inc.
Job Site: 2395 Midway Rd, Carrollton, TX 75006
JOB OPPORTUNITY QUALIFIES FOR EMPLOYEE INCENTIVE REFERRAL PROGRAM.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we've been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world's most global news services - Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America
Back to top