Business Application Consultant
The Application Consultant is responsible for ensuring Elite provides high-quality consulting and training services to clients including:
- Maintaining a current, in-depth knowledge of the functional and feature characteristics of Elite products, and effectively transferring knowledge to a wide range of users
- Providing 'best practice' recommendations and industry expertise in legal (or similar industry), and practice management, with extensive knowledge and consulting experience in billing systems and all related reporting, as well as financial management including General Ledger, AP and all related reporting
- Providing added consulting services including process design, onsite support, process re-engineering, custom development specifications and related test plans, training, and assistance on custom projects as identified by clients
Quality Implementation Service Delivery - Responsible for ensuring high quality services are provided to clients including:
- Ensuring the consulting and training services for all projects are performed within the framework and standards provided in Elite's project quality model (PQM) including utilization of standard project implementation methodology templates, completion of project documentation including activity recap, issues lists, and status reports, and adhering to project communication plans, escalation procedures, and budget reporting
Participating in client meetings and providing consulting expertise on projects to address tasks including developing client training strategies, conducting business requirements analysis, and designing and developing client solutions
Assisting with issue resolution and escalation on and off the client site
Providing daily client service and initial issue escalation to Project Management for assigned large clients
Skills and Knowledge
Responsible for actively participating in ongoing training and development sessions to ensure knowledge, skills and experience provided to the clients is appropriate for the projects assigned including:
- Train-the-trainer sessions designed to educate the Elite team on methods for training clients in a variety of settings including basic classroom and introduction to standard training materials such as agendas, quick reference guides, training techniques, testing materials, and functional application knowledge, process reviews including 'best practice reviews', requirement and GAP analysis, and onsite support
- Continuing education courses in areas of expertise as needed
- Conducting internal educational courses as needed
Client Satisfaction and Financial Objectives - Responsible for meeting the client satisfaction and financial objectives of the implementation services group including:
- Effectively work and bill 1575 billable hours annually
- Proactively sell additional consulting, training, and onsite services as appropriate
Interdepartmental Interaction - Responsible for actively coordinating with other Consulting team members, Support, development, and client assigned project manager to ensure that issues affecting projects are effectively resolved.
Work collaboratively across different departments and groups within a matrix organization, with an ability and desire to teach and share knowledge with others in a clear and concise manner.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management or Account or similar or equivalent work experience
- Proven experience in in large ERP system implementations, preferably in a highly customizable, international environment
- Experience working in the legal or accounting industry
- Strong accounting skills, including direct experience with financial reporting
- Desire and demonstrated ability to teach and share knowledge with others in a clear and concise manner
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft tools including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Visio or similar tools
- Ability to travel about 90% of the time, including international travel
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top