Business Analyst (Tax)
- Melbourne, Australia
We are seeking a BA Tax to provide expert knowledge of the functions and processes of a tax professional providing a personal and business tax service. The BA will be working with a development team of software engineers, quality analysts and other business experts. This person will provide the domain expertise of tax practice to ensure products are compliant, and customer needs are being met and exceeded by managing the product backlog and prioritizing user stories.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Keep up to date with market trends, professional standards and compliance need to ensure product remains compliant with latest standards.
- Ensure required changes are communicated to the development team and that the product is kept up to date with these latest standards providing guidance on priority.
- Assure the realisation of business benefits by using domain expertise to assist with testing of the product.
- Host and/or participate in team meetings as required e.g. Estimation, Prioritisation, and Sprint meetings as part of working within the agile development environment.
- Build knowledge within the team and other departments within the organisation.
- Actively communicate ideas, thoughts and tips etc. within the team (or organisation) for discussion and consideration.
- Identify and react to changing priorities as and when circumstances dictate.
- Review documentation of Help and Training material as required.
Internally : Reports to the Product Team Lead and will coordinate with other analysts, software engineers and Product Managers.
Externally : contact with customers and other stakeholders (including ATO) with the expectation to attend user conferences and user events as required.
Technical /Professional Skills & Competencies:
List in order of importance
- 3 to 5-year practical experience of working within an accountancy practice providing Australian tax compliance services.
- Solid practical experience of tax compliance software.
- Ability to consider customer needs, quality and commercial demands.
- Logical and analytical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong team working and knowledge sharing attributes.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
Must have a minimum of 2
- Practical experience of other accountancy practice operations, for example; corporate compliance, practice management, client communications, accounts preparation, etc.
- Experience of working in software development.
- Knowledge of the software available in this market.
Business domain specific professional qualification , together with continued development of knowledge and standards.
Thomson Reuters (Tax and Accounting Professional)
Thomson Reuters provides a fully integrated suite of best of breed software for accountants and tax practitioners spanning both desktop, web and mobile
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we've been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world's most global news services - Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top